Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question System Plugin Cache and Kunena

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by netlaw
Greeting,
On www.mymediastreamer.com I have been using the system plugin cache wich works fine with its page cache.

But this creates an issue with kunena cause when changes are made (new topics etc.) the guests are not able to see them because the page that they see is a cached page from the plugin.When i clean cache from backend changes are visible.

I dont want to use short expiration on my cache cause it fits me but i want to somehow exclude kunena from it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
I've not used page cache because of it causes a lot of issues -- not only in Kunena, everywhere else, too. It has flaws which cause (well, last time we used it in here) information leaks to unregistered users.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by netlaw
Ok, so if someone wants to use kunena as a forum, he cannot use a cache system?
If the above is not true then what is your sudjestion for a cache system so that joomla is faster to the guests but can also exclude kunena or dont effect it?

Time to create page: 1.015 seconds