Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Reset Kunena Settings

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by hiunnati
Hello,

I am trying to have following message when any user default opens the FORUM

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register. Lost Password?

But when user want to add any post, the login should be must.

How to get this?
Also, is there any way to reset the settings to default?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by Ganzuelo
Replied by Ganzuelo on topic Re: Reset Kunena Settings
To get all settings to default its easiest to uninstall and reinstall. Unless you are wanting to start with a fresh board and everything. I am trying to understand your top question. Did you change the settings for the categories to Registered Users? That would make it to where people would have to log in.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by hiunnati
Replied by hiunnati on topic Re: Reset Kunena Settings
Hello,

Thanks for reply.
Yes, i got the 'logon' text by changing
Security Settings
Registered Users Only = No
Public Read/Write = No

Now everyone can see my forum, but if anyone want to add any topic, S/he need to register

well....regarding Reset of setting:
I just wanna have the original default settings with minimum effort.
But now my concern is if i re-install...will all my forums and posts gets vanished?

Regards

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #4 by @quila
Replied by @quila on topic Re: Reset Kunena Settings
Hi,

there is no reset function in K1.5.x. This is added in upcoming K1.6 and with one klik will be possible to resset all configuration to default.

With re-install of Kunena you don't lose your content of forum, all is safe , but in that way you can't reset configuration of Kunena. To do this you need to do BACKUP of your site, go to phpMyAdmin and drop the tables #__fb_config and #__fb_config_backup. After that just install Latest Kunena version (without uninstalling previous) and go to Kunena configuration in the backend and Save.

Regards
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by @quila.

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Reset Kunena Settings
I assume this issue has been resolved - we haven't heard from the user in over a month.

Just to confirm: K 1.6 does have a "reset all Kunena settings to default" and the feature works in the version that I am testing. :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by hiunnati
Replied by hiunnati on topic Re: Reset Kunena Settings
Sorry for delay in confirmation and thanks a lot for the support
yes the issue is resolved :)

I am waiting for K1.6 (^-^)

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds