Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question NEW post indicator

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by Mikote
NEW post indicator was created by Mikote
Hello.

I read with great interest the thread "Problem with New Post Indicator": www.kunena.com/forum/139-solved-or-prior...or?limit=10&start=50

My settings in joomla lifesession is 30 minutes and kunena lifesession is 1800 seconds.

The problem is that after this time the NEW indicator are reset and all messages are marked as read automatically.

Is there any way to the lifesession never expires?

I imagine that is the only solution for the NEW indicator will not disappear until a user actually read the message or mark forum read.

Ideally the user to choose whether mark messages as read, not that the system reset the NEW indicator.

Regards

Miguel
Madrid (Spain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: NEW post indicator
Hello,

This is the behaviour in kunena, when the session expire all the messages are set on read. Set 0 on session lifetime, will cause some issues, so the only way is to set a more larger session lifetime, by example here on kunena.com it's on 6 hours (21600 secs).

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by Mikote
Replied by Mikote on topic Re: NEW post indicator
Thanks xillibit.

I feared this was like telling me

Regards

Miguel
Madrid (Spain)

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds