Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Not displayed correctly karma

• lev
  • lev's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lorem Ipsum...
More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1 by lev
Not displayed correctly in the eleventh version of karma Kunena 1.5

In profile, it is biased and normally displayed on the forum!
I tried to replace the css from ninth in the pros is displayed normally, and drives off in the forum!

Attach file css

By the way how to remove the profile display login? To display only the username.

File Attachment:

File Name: kunena-20100422.zip
File Size:6 KB

Sorry for my English.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by lev.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Yes. That's right. In K 1.5.11 the Karma indicator (when you view another user's profile) floats to the right and you can't just make a simple CSS file change, as shown below, to fix it.

#Kunena span.msgkarma {
color:#333333;
// float:right;
font-weight:bold;
padding-right:10px;
text-decoration:none;
white-space:nowrap;
}

For those people who won't get an ounce of sleep tonight unless this problem is fixed, I'm sorry but this isn't going to happen overnight. I'll leave this for someone else to look into. (This is, perhaps, another good reason why I have jettisoned the karma system from all my websites where I use Kunena)
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

• lev
  • lev's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lorem Ipsum...
More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by lev
In principle I agree with you that the mapping of karma can be disabled.
But you can also do with attachments and downloading images ...
Because in my opinion, compared with a forum SMF, in the forum Karma lacks these features:
1. Information as downloaded.
2. Prevent downloading of attachments for visitors.
3. Information who raised his karma.
4. Uploaded image by default does not compress, and when you do not show in the same window.
5. Incorrect code youtube videos
Thank you for sozzled CSS!

Sorry for my English.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks, lev, for reporting this minor defect in K 1.5.11 (and for using the opportunity to list a number of Kunena's other shortcomings, as you see them). This particular issue - the right-shifting of the the karma display in a user's profile - remains unresolved. :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by iLucato
The Karma shows on the top right and even by removing the float-right on my lay-out, the title runs over the karma. So, I want to place it on the very left at the bottom on the same line as the message "Topic was closed" shows up on the right side.

So, I wonder what is the filename that I can change it to place it where I want too.

One more question, by placing on this wished position, is there something else that Kunena would show at this wished position that I shouldn't place the karma on the left bottom?

Thanks in advance.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled

iLucato wrote: The Karma shows on the top right and even by removing the float-right on my lay-out, the title runs over the karma.

This discussion topic started a couple of months ago. It concerned one particular user's problem with K 1.5.11. I don't have a K 1.5.11 site where I can test this issue again. My first suggestion that you upgrade to K 1.5.12 and try this out again.

iLucato wrote: I want to place it on the very left at the bottom on the same line as the message "Topic was closed"shows up on the right side.

I can't visualise in my mind where the line "Topic was closed" appears. Can you provide a screenshot of where this line appears so that I can see the issue for myself, please?

iLucato wrote: ... by placing [the karma indicator where I want it], is there something else that Kunena would show at this wished position that I shouldn't place the karma on the left bottom?

This depends on what your website looks like. Would it be possible for you to give us a link to your forum so that we can see the issues for ourselves, please? :)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #7 by iLucato

sozzled wrote: This discussion topic started a couple of months ago. It concerned one particular user's problem with K 1.5.11. I don't have a K 1.5.11 site where I can test this issue again. My first suggestion that you upgrade to K 1.5.12 and try this out again.

I'm using the K 1.5.12 and the issue is that the thread title runs over the karma. See the circled area in red on the right top of the thread on the image below:

I can't visualise in my mind where the line "Topic was closed" appears. Can you provide a screenshot of where this line appears so that I can see the issue for myself, please?

Sure, it is above but in Portuguese-BR where you can read as "O tópico foi fechado." on the right bottom of the thread (circled in red) and I want to move the karma to the circled green area.

This depends on what your website looks like. Would it be possible for you to give us a link to your forum so that we can see the issues for ourselves, please? :)

The lay-out has one colum on the left for site stuffs and the other 2/3 is for Kunena as you can check the image above. Here is the link for the BemDoado (RedeDoBem/Kunena) site

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by iLucato.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
There's always a risk associated in resurrecting-from-the-dead old discussion topics. This is, I think, an illustration of how these situations can get out of hand. Let's deal with one problem at a time:

Karma is not displayed in the correct place: From a purely support perspective, does this problem appear on your website if you use a standard unmodified Joomla site template (rhuk_milkyway or JA_Purity, for example)? We are not a help desk supporting every possible Joomla site template available and, sometimes, the only solution is to ask for a solution from the site where you purchased the template that you're now using.

I see that your site template is based on rhuk_milkyway but it looks as though a fair amount of customising has gone into it. There has also been a lot of customising done with the Kunena template, too. Also, because you have removed the "Powered by Kunena" link at the bottom of your forum, I cannot tell much more about what is happening at your site.

As I wrote earlier, it's not easy to solve this issue; perhaps someone else has an idea?. I think the problem seems worse on those websites that have a narrow amount of space allocated to the Kunena forum. Would it help to use a different, wider site template ... at least as a workaround? Why haven't other users complained about this problem, I wonder? :unsure:

Customising the position of karma indicator to a different location on the standard template designed by the Kunena project: This is not really a support question. This is more a question for the Templates and Design category.

iLucato wrote:

sozzled wrote: I can't visualise in my mind where the line "Topic was closed" appears. Can you provide a screenshot of where this line appears so that I can see the issue for myself, please?

Sure, it is above but in Portuguese-BR where you can read as "O tópico foi fechado." on the right bottom of the thread (circled in red) and I want to move the karma to the circled green area

Thanks for explaining that. In the English version of Kunena, this message reads "The administrator has disabled public write access."
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by iLucato

sozzled wrote: Karma is not displayed in the correct place: From a purely support perspective, does this problem appear on your website if you use a standard unmodified Joomla site template (rhuk_milkyway or JA_Purity, for example)? We are not a help desk supporting every possible Joomla site template available and, sometimes, the only solution is to ask for a solution from the site where you purchased the template that you're now using.

I agree that it is impossible to be a support for every single site issues, but I dissagree in some points as I'll mention ahead.

I see that your site template is based on rhuk_milkyway but it looks as though a fair amount of customising has gone into it. There has also been a lot of customising done with the Kunena template, too. Also, because you have removed the "Powered by Kunena" link at the bottom of your forum, I cannot tell much more about what is happening at your site.

Well, some 2 cents from me:

1. As far as I know, there is no problem to remove the "Powered by Kunena" link once it isn't a commercial product and under a different license. Besides that, by removing the "Powered by Kunena" did I remove your tongue too that you won't provide any further info? Hehehe, just kidding man. I understand all effort from Kunena team, and I really appreciate that. By removing the link, doesn't mean that I don't care and don't appreciate, but I will make a gratitude in different way. I will try keep always posting suggestions in the forum for Kunena improvements and at UserVoice, report bugs I find, spread mouth tp mouth about Kunena that is the best advertisement and also as gratitude as soon as I get time I'll create an article for Kunena into another site I got called iLucato in English and Portuguese-BR. So, if you think all this isn't a kind of help to Kunena team, I'm sorry, but that is the best I can do. If you can't help me any longer, I'll try to understand your point it. It is a pity, but I'll really try to understand. ;0)

2. Well, the customization whit my site template and Kunena, just affects its width as I said before that my site has 1/3 column for the site and 2/3 for Kunena, the rest of the "hack" is just CSS color, translation and JPG buttons translation, so it won't make any damage in its engine/work.

As I wrote earlier, it's not easy to solve this issue; perhaps someone else has an idea?. I think the problem seems worse on those websites that have a narrow amount of space allocated to the Kunena forum. Would it help to use a different, wider site template ... at least as a workaround? Why haven't other users complained about this problem, I wonder? :unsure:

Maybe most of them turn off the karma as soon they see the isssue and don't try to find a solution. Maybe they don't use smaller width.Maybe... ;0)

Customising the position of karma indicator to a different location on the standard template designed by the Kunena project: This is not really a support question. This is more a question for the Templates and Design category.

Ops, my fault, I'm sorry about that. I forgot about this forum and though on this one due finding the the code and filename stuffs. I agree with you. If you want to move it, feel free to do so.

Thanks for explaining that. In the English version of Kunena, this message reads "The administrator has disabled public write access."

I don't think so, it shows when a thread is locked, so IMHO maybe it is something like "The topic has been locked". Well, it doesn't matter. ;0)

Thanks for your time. I appreciated that.

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by sozzled
We have not meant to convey the impression that removing the "Powered by Kunena" link at the bottom of forum means that we cannot (or will not) offer our help. It just means that, when you make any changes to the standard version of Kunena you're effectively going "out on your own" and it makes it much more difficult to offer you (or others, in your situation) our help. Making a change to the template is essentially no different to making a change to Kunena "engine" ... as far as support is concerned.

There are implications associated with removing the attribution "Powered by Kunena". These are discussed in a lot more detail in "Powered by Kunena" and the help that we can provide . It's not a big issue and so I don't want to turn it into one. :)

The fact remains that this particular case has little to do with addressing problems that users may encounter with the standard, unmodified form of Kunena. The standard, unmodified form of Kunena should display the Karma indicator properly. If it doesn't then it's a support issue. If users want to reposition this kind of information, elsewhere on their own template that's not, strictly speaking a support issue; it's a Template and Design issue.

On the "Topic is locked" question, I was just trying to clarify the issue for those of us who use English.

This discussion, as I implied earlier, is going off-topic. We need to move forward, not to keep looking back. I am not moving this discussion to a different category. There are two issues under discussion now. Let's keep them separate, please. :)

In summary, I don't know how to fix the problem referred to in the very first post that started this discussion. Perhaps someone else has an idea.

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds