Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Flexiaccess conflict with Kunena causes loss of frontend to disappear

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1 by mortenrasmussen
I have the latest Kunena installed on my Joomla Version 1.5.15.(together with Jomsocial)

Some weeks ago the kunena forum worked fine. And I have been working on my site since without paying the Kunena any attention lately.

Suddently, yesterday when I tried to enter the forum I realised that it is not working any more.

I can access the admin panel from backend, but when I follow my links from frontend I get an 403-error (you are not authorized to access this page...) no matter how I set the permissions. I actually havent been doing anything to the permission settings since it worked fine.

In the time since it did work fine I have installed the following komponents:

AEC
Flexicontent
Flexiaccess
Sobi2

I havent set any access or permission settings with AEC or flexiaccess yet.

Does anyone know what could have happend?

Thanks, Morten
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
As always, it pays to look in these forums before you ask questions: K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

We often hear people state that they are "using the latest version of Kunena". What specific version number are you using? What Kunena template are you using?

"Some weeks ago" ... there have been at least two releases of Kunena in the past month. :ohmy:

Without any further information about your website it is not possible for us to know whether the fault is because of something you have done, a conflict with another Joomla extension, or whether there is a defect in Kunena. Your early replies to my questions will help us and you. Thanks. :)
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by mortenrasmussen
Believe me, I have been searching the forum in every corner to find an answer to my issue. I always do as I am totally aware of that the shortest way to an answers most often is to find it in the already answered questions. But this did not help me this time unfortunately.

The Kunena version is 1.5.11 (updated yesterday as the first attempt to solve the problem).

The template is default_ex.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
Have you tried disabling or removing any of those components that you referred to in your first message and do they make a difference?

mortenrasmussen wrote:

... when I tried to enter the forum I realised that it is not working any more.

Exactly what, specifically, is "not working any more". Do these HTTP 403 errors occur when you try to view messages or post messages or only when you click certain page links (and which ones are they)?

Perhaps we need to see this situation in action? Can you provide us with a test account and a guide to how to reproduce the symptoms, please? :)

More
13 years 11 months ago #5 by mortenrasmussen
I tried to uninstall the mentioned components. And it seems that the conflicting component was the Flexiaccess.

When uninstalling that one Kunena works as intended. So Flexiacces somehow caused the problem even though I did not set any access restrictions in Flexiacces at all.

Do you know about this issue?

More
13 years 11 months ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

It's the first that i heard an issue with FlexiAcces, because you need to pay to download this component, i would be hard to test.

If you can, report the issue at the flexiaccess author.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7 by mortenrasmussen
Ok, I will post the issue in the flexiaccess forum.

So for the Kunena part we can close this as fixed.

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds