Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Posting to Board Causes White Screen Error / Locked Out as SuperAdmin

More
14 years 5 days ago #1 by drseide
Hi there, I have the latest 1.5.11 also latest Jomsocial and JS-Kunena integration

I figured out how to unblock my superadmin, but it seems that if I have any post of significant length or use BB tags, I get a white screen error after I submit (the preview looks ok) - and then I have to unblock my superadmin and get back in.

I am able to put in simple text like 'test' and post the board just fine.

Any tips? I do not seem to have any of the plugins that are causing problems in the earlier versions of Kunena.

I would love to launch our site if the forum works (people already signing up).

We're dyslexicadvantage.com/community

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 days ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

enable the debug mode in joomla! configuration panle and check if instead a blank page, you have errors messages.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 5 days ago #3 by sozzled
Interesting. Is this problem only confined to users with super administrator rights? Can other users also not post any Boardcode? Loss of Boardcode using means a conflict with another function, somewhere. I wonder if this is a JomSocial-related problem? :S

drseide: Can you test if the symptoms are reproducible when you post as an "ordinary" user, please?

More
14 years 5 days ago #4 by drseide
OK, this will sound strange. I went in and turned on Joomla Debug system and Debug language

Then I went back to do the post as superadmin, and then the worked and I wasn't kicked out! When it happened earlier, it happened like 4 times in a row.

Then I made another plain user and was able to post that as well. I'm not sure why it's working now. The post I am using now is the same one (I had saved it) I tried earlier.

There is a new error though - there are dots before and after most of the names (like group categories) and extra double question marks too (I will attach a picture). It is present on the frontend as well as backend.

When I go back to the categories etc. = there are no extra dots or question marks to edit out in the back end...they are in the labels of the figures.

I'm sorry I can't tell you more. I am encouraged that I can post to the forum now.

[img size=sm] dyslexicadvantage.com/Picture 69.jpg[/img]
[img size=sm] dyslexicadvantage.com/Picture 68.jpg[/img]

More
14 years 5 days ago #5 by sozzled
This could have been a caching issue (local to the PC or something at the server). I'm pleased that it has been resolved.

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds