Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question memory_limit problem by loading category

More
14 years 1 week ago #1 by SoS
Hello.
I have a problem with kunena. I'm using the newest version, but the problem is still there.
I have a category with about 10000 posts in 50 threads.
When I want to load the category it's loading very very long and then I get the error Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes). 50 Threads are not much, so I think you have a bug in the sql-request, when you want to get the threads and the number of posts.

My server settings for memory_limit is 64MB, but when I add ini_set("memory_limit","100M"); to
  • \components\com_kunena\kunena.php
  • \components\com_kunena\template\default_ex\showcat.php
  • \components\com_kunena\template\default\fb_sub_category_list.php
I don't get the error any more, but it is still loading very long.
So it would be nice, if you could change the SQL request for getting more performance, because 50 threads should be no problem to be loaden, also if there are 10000 posts in it.
Thank you very much for helping.
You can see it on www.riddletown.net/forum/9-fun-bereich.html
Greets

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #2 by franch
Some time ago, same problem for me.
The problem is not the number of threads, but the number of messages in one thread !
For me, the limit is arround 300-400 messages (memory limit for SQL : 32 Mo)

More
14 years 1 week ago #3 by SoS
Yes, I know that the posts are the problem,
but in the category-view the posts are not important, just the threads.

So there is something wrong in the SQL-request. Other forums also have no problem with a lot of posts in a thread, so it would be nice, if they could check their SQL :)

More
14 years 1 week ago #4 by sozzled
G'day, SoS, and thank you for your question. You are currently using K 1.5.4 which is unsupported.

Please read K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Upgrade to K 1.5.11

Topic closed.

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds