Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic archived] K 1.5.11 After pruning forums my first-post-first preference no longer works.

More
14 years 4 days ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1 by thetoast
So i went in an pruned to get rid of some dead wood.

Now when people post it is always at the top not at the bottom?
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed (assumed resolved after 2 weeks' inactivity)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 days ago #2 by sozzled
Please read K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first. . Please provide the technical details of your website as mentioned in the topic I have just referred to.

I don't understand what you mean by "when people post it is always at the top not at the bottom". The top or bottom of what? :S

More
14 years 4 days ago #3 by thetoast
I am using Kunena 1.5.11. joomla version 1.5.1

So i have my forum profile set to "fist post first" meaning to person that started the thread will have the first post all post will appear after them.

I pruned the forums to remove some dead wood.

Now when ever i post it puts the newest post first. the "thread starter" appreas at the end.

I checked my profile and i still have first post first selected.

More
14 years 4 days ago - 14 years 4 days ago #4 by sozzled
Joomla 1.5.1? Suggest you upgrade to J! 1.5.15 ASAP.

These first post last/first problems are quite common. They usually point to using a defective Kunena template. What Kunena template are you using?
Last edit: 14 years 4 days ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 4 days ago #5 by thetoast
default_ex

the only stuuf i have done to it is change the color scheme

More
14 years 4 days ago - 14 years 4 days ago #6 by sozzled
Very strange! This should not happen. Have other users on your site reported similar problems?

I have no other suggestions except to upgrade to J! 1.5.15. Someone else, with more experience than me, might be able to help. They may probably require a test account and access to your website.

To help others help you, what versions of PHP, MySQL are you running. What kind of webserver (Apache, Ubuntu, something else?). When did you install K 1.5.11? What installation kit did you use (.ZIP, .TAR, .TAR.GZ)?

Whenever I read "something weird happened after I did such-and-such" I'm tempted to say "Cue creepy church organ music and Vincent Price voice-over!" So I've changed this discussion topic to make it a bit more relevant for searching.
Last edit: 14 years 4 days ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 4 days ago #7 by thetoast
you yourself have help me install the latest version of Kunena after the install didn't complete, a also tried that to correct the problem but didn't work.

More
14 years 4 days ago #8 by Matias
Check your user settings -- you could have last post first in there. User settings take preference over site settings.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds