Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic archived by moderator - lack of interest] Restricted forum troubles after FB->Kunena upgrade

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #1 by mascheko
Hello again,

I have two new problems:

1.) I have a restricted forum set as

Public Access Level: Publisher
Admin Access Level: Administrator
Moderated: YES

It was like this in the old FB 1.05 RC2 and worked all fine. Today (and after I updated to meanwhile 1.5.11) I saw, that a few forum-members are "viewing" that restricted forum, although they don't have the rights.

The viewing user:
Rank Title: No Rank Assigned
Is Moderator: NO
In CB 1.22: Registered

I made a test-user and he can't see the forum 100%, but when I log in back with the admin, he is listed as "viewing" the restricted" forum.

2.) See screenshot, how can I get rid of those "empty" entries? I already tried to synchronize users with marked checkboxes.

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by Cerberus
J1.5.15 and K1.5x do not yet support ACLs ( access control lists ) and that is what you are going to need for what you are trying to do but in J1.6 and K2.0 ( long way off) ACLs will be added so that restrictions can be better added to who can see and access each catagory of the forum.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
Your Q1: This probably isn't a real problem at all; it just looks that way. There is a known issue with K 1.5 where the "who is viewing this post" information at the top of the screen is corrupted. I get this a lot - here at www.kunena.com - when I'm viewing some of the restricted forums and I see another user's name that I wouldn't expect to find. I'll bet that this information is actually a software illusion.

The chances are that, if you asked these "ordinary" users why they were viewing something they had no right to view, they'd give you a blank stare and ask "what are you talking about?"

Your Q2: I remember a discussion about this that happened a long time ago (maybe a year or more). I'll try to find what was said before.

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds