Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic archived by moderator] Recent Discussions/My Discussions show multiple copies of same post.

More
14 years 1 week ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1 by nealbaker
Hi, I'm running K1.5.11 on a 1.5.15 Joomla site. Sometime in the last week, it appears that all of the messages displayed under the "recent discussions" tab or the "My discussions" tab show up multiple times. It seems like the forum's records are fine, it's just in the way the posts are being pulled. Any ideas on what I should look at?
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed (assumed resolved)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
Have you got an illustration of this problem. I've not seen an issue like this described in that way before. One can only speculate what event may have occurred "sometime last week" but, perhaps therein lurks the culprit.

What to look at? Your Kunena Forum Administration panel that identifies what sections/categories. Has anyone (admin/mod) moved any messages around? Did they move a message from a category to a section (you can do it in K 1.5, but it's a big no-no and it accounts for many errors), perhaps? Maybe someone was posting a message at the same time a moderator was moving the thread ... that happens, particularly on busy forums, too!

You can also look at the database. Maybe the index structure has been corrupted? Use phpMyAdmin to run some database integrity checks.
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 week ago #3 by Matias
This is known issue with some 3rd party templates which haven't been updated to fix this issue (it happens on subscriptions/favorites if I recall it right). In the mean time try to use default_ex.

More
14 years 1 week ago #4 by nealbaker
Thanks for the fast response, as per your request, you can also go to: The live site to view it live.

I've looked through the tables and all appears well there. No changes to the structure of the forums has been made in quite a while, months in fact. The only thing that has changed recently is the update to Kunena.

Again, this doesn't appear to be a problem in the tables, they look fine. It seems to be more in the way the messages are being counted for display.
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 week ago #5 by nealbaker
I've always used default_ex... That is what I'm currently running.

Thanks

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #6 by 810
Just try to switch the template to default_ex, if is it already default_ex then upload manually the template to your server.
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by 810.

More
14 years 1 week ago #7 by nealbaker
Okay, just uploaded the default_ex template back up to server via FTP from the latest build package of Kunena... No change.

Thanks

More
14 years 6 days ago #8 by Matias
When/how this started? Did you do something just before recent discussions broke up?

It looks like our query fails to group threads together. I just cannot understand why :) And you do not have this issue in the category view?

More
14 years 6 days ago #9 by nealbaker
I noticed this just shortly after upgrading to .11 but I don't know if it's related to that. It IS happening in the category view as well.

If I go into a topic there is just one copy of the record as there should be.

The only thing I've done recently to the forums is that I moved a topic from one forum to another but that was before the upgrade and it appeared to have worked.

Thanks for your time.

More
14 years 6 days ago - 14 years 6 days ago #10 by nealbaker
I found that the fb_users table is the problem, I just don't know what the cause is. The table has multiple records for each user. It appears that something is adding users to this table and I'm not sure what. It does look like each time the program has been upgraded 1.5.9 -> 1.5.11 -> 1.5.11 -> uninstalled and then re-installed to 1.5.11 it has added two more copies of each user to the fb_user table.

Looking at the upgrade.xml file included with Kunena, I believe that the "add_key" function didn't work on my upgrades. I believe because the tables are in the wrong collation. Should they be UTF8_General_ci for Kunena? Everything on my site is, except the FB tables.

Thanks for any help. Hope I'm making some sense.
Last edit: 14 years 6 days ago by nealbaker.

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds