Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic archived by moderator - assumed resolved] Categories / forums deleted after changing parent

More
14 years 1 week ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1 by jankees
Recently I made some changes in 'Forum Administration' section (Kunena 1.5.11 ). I changed the parent of a category / forum. After I had done that all my categories and (sub)forums were deleted in this 'Forum Administration' section. They are still listed in the 'Prune Forums' section and they are being displayed when I do a search on my frontend forum. Looks like a big bug. I have searched the forum for a solution. Found some threads but no answers how to have it fixed. Anyone to help??

www.kunena.com/forum/139-solved-or-prior...n-someone-help#28354

www.kunena.com/forum/139-solved-or-prior...ght-be-deleted#40199
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
I think you'll find this topic will give you a lot of help: Kunena 1.6 - Sections, Categories and all that jazz . I know, I wrote that item in relation to K 1.6 (which doesn't exist yet) but the principles are similar. The point that I'm making is that we need to get a consistent terminology happening and to help you understand why these kinds of problems occur in K 1.5. If you changed "something" the most likely cure is to change it back.

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #3 by Matias
Fortunately no data is lost.

Unfortunately fix for this bug didn't make it to K1.5.11, so you have to fix this manually by using phpmyadmin. Fix itself is easy: find the category you moved (jos_fb_categories) and set parent=0 to remove the loop.

I will try to get fixed version to testers and to those who need it within few days. This has already been fixed for K1.6, so it should be easy task.
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by Matias.

More
14 years 6 days ago #4 by jankees
Matias wrote:

Fortunately no data is lost.

Unfortunately fix for this bug didn't make it to K1.5.11, so you have to fix this manually by using phpmyadmin. Fix itself is easy: find the category you moved (jos_fb_categories) and set parent=0 to remove the loop.

I will try to get fixed version to testers and to those who need it within few days. This has already been fixed for K1.6, so it should be easy task.

Could you tell me where I can exactly find this file and on which line I exactly have to make adjustments.

Excuse me for being a noob with this php stuff

More
14 years 6 days ago #5 by sozzled
There's no file to change and it's not PHP: you need to change a database table with a tool like phpMyAdmin. Matias has given you the answer:

1) Browse the table jos_fb_categories.
2) Locate the category that you moved.
3) Set parent=0 on that category.
4) Your messages will then reappear.

More
14 years 6 days ago - 14 years 6 days ago #6 by jankees
Great! Works perfectly fine.

I however noticed that newly created forums which shoud have the same parent as Welcome Mat and Suggestion Box (parent=1) have different parent values. One has parent=4, another one has parent=7, another one has parent=10.
Is this a bug as well and do I have to make any changes here? The frontend is displayed correclty.

Can I now just delete the standard categories / forums which come with installation of Kunena (Main Forum, Welcome Mat, Suggestion Box) or should I leave them in?
Last edit: 14 years 6 days ago by jankees.

More
14 years 6 days ago - 14 years 6 days ago #7 by sozzled
You can reassign your forum "parental" sections/categories with the Kunena Forum Administration facility - this is the recommended way (just remember not to transform categories - the containers that have actual topics in them - into sections).

You can also change the parent of your categories with phpMyAdmin ... but be very careful!

Your other question: instead of deleting the sample section and the two sample categories, is hide them by unpublishing them.
Last edit: 14 years 6 days ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 6 days ago #8 by Matias
FYI all with this issue:

Current development build making it possible to fix this issue can be found by asking it by PM from one of our moderators (or from K1.5.12 thread in testing category, if you are tester).

WARNING: DEVELOPMENT BUILDS ARE NOT SUPPORTED AND IT SHOULD ONLY BE INSTALLED IF YOU HAVE THIS ISSUE. You will see static warning message in top of administration if you install this file. Downgrade to current stable release is easy -- just install it, if you have new issues with this release.

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds