Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] K 1.5.11: notification mails not working for me

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #1 by wbehiry
hello guys,

i know from the subject you would say common it's done before,,, :silly:

i have been watching Kunena 1.5.10 Withdrawn, unofficial Kunena 1.5.10-2 HOTFIX and waiting for the 1.5.11, but even after upgrading i still have the problem...

i'm using Joomla 1.5.15 and upgraded Kunena 1.5.9 to 1.5.11...

i don't receive any notification for the new posts, same for the users, Moderators, and Administrators as well,

the mailing service working fine as i'm reciving mails from may ather components, the mail address in the Kunena configuration is the same of the global configuration,

from the Kunena configuration:

Allow Subscriptions = Yes
E-mail Moderators = Yes
E-mail Administrators = Yes

So, am i missing anything?

thx...
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #2 by freeme
Same for me, just upgraded from v08 to v11:

- notifications are not working anymore
- status messages are not shown in my jomsocial community anymore.

Before, it worked, havent changed any settings...

EDIT: status messages work now - seems there is a new functionality for the Jomsocial activity, which wasnt activated. I set it to yes, now activities are updated again...
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by freeme.

More
14 years 1 week ago #3 by Gamer Templates
Same problem here (german thread)

E-Mail don´t work after update to 1.5.11.

Last working version is 1.5.9!

Greetings...

More
14 years 1 week ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

the code in K1.5.11 has been tested a lot time, so you need to check these three points :
  • You have a sql error somewhere, so enable the debug mode in joomla configuration panel and look what's happen, when you reply to thread where threre are subscriptions
  • The adresses email are invalid
  • There are some others checks which fails

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 week ago #5 by sozzled
Let me also add my comments to xillibit:

The e-mail functions have been tested, exhaustively, by a team of several people, using a dozen or more test sites (I would imagine) and we're really very confident that we've nailed these issues. Yes, there's still the possibility for problems to occur. If you're willing to work with us on this problem, we're quite prepared to work with you to solve them.

The number one reason why emails don't work? The email address is invalid. Check it. Check it again. Check it half a dozen times. (I wondered why I wasn't receiving e-mail and I discovered the reason was my eyesight: I didn't see the difference between a "f" and a "r".

The second reason that emails don't work: your mail program is throwing the emails into the junk mail folder.

The third reason that emails don't work: you're testing Kunena on a WAMP server on a PC and you don't have email ... and none of Joomla's emails work, either.

Testing these issues takes a few hours. We have a couple of diagnostic aids that could help you. I'm happy to share what I know with you but, like I said, you need to work closely with us. In just about every case that I've seen, the problem is unique to a user's website: the problem is not with K 1.5.11 itself. B)

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #6 by wbehiry
thx a lot guy,

1st of all i was sure that it wasn't Kunena problem that's why i said

am i missing something

:)

well, so strange i just enabled the debug mode and bom it works,,,

i didn't change any setings and didn't touch any thing, i was going to try what xillibit said one by one,,,

so i still don't know where was the problem ... :(

but anyways looks working fine for me now ....

thanks a lot sozzled ... and sure i'm up with you guys for any testing ,,,

and one more time thanks a lot for the great script :)
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by wbehiry. Reason: typo

More
14 years 1 week ago #7 by sozzled
:blink: debug mode and things work? And when you turn off debug mode does it still work? You should not be running your website with debug mode turned on.

More
14 years 1 week ago #8 by wbehiry
Yes, debuge mode and things work !!! and i really didn't change any thing AT ALL, and it didn't show any errors so i turned it off and it still working fine !!! really dunno how !!

More
14 years 1 week ago #9 by sozzled
Then don't touch things! :laugh:

This topic will remain open for a little while longer (but not indefinitely) to allow others to respond to the suggestions we have offered.

More
14 years 1 week ago #10 by wbehiry
sure i won't LOL.... and really thanks for you efforts in support in all topics ;)

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds