Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Kunena 1.5.10 Withdrawn, unofficial Kunena 1.5.10-2 HOTFIX

More
14 years 4 days ago - 14 years 1 day ago #1 by Matias
Kunena 1.5.10 has been withdrawn because of email subscriptions do not work in it.

We will make an official K1.5.11 release within next few days. In the mean time the Kunena Team recommends you to keep using K1.5.9.

If you have already installed Kunena 1.5.10, you have two choices: you can either downgrade back to Kunena 1.5.9 (just install it) or you can help us find any remaining regression with our unofficial K1.5.10-2 HOTFIX release (See the attachment below).

We want to thank you for the excellent spirit that everyone had in pulling together to identify the cause of the problem and to define the conditions under which the symptoms could be reproduced. Thank you, everyone.

--- cut ---

Please wait for official release if you have no good reason to install this build. It is not officially supported, but we do accept bug reports.

If you begin a new topic dealing with bugs found in this package, please prefix your topic with: K1.5.10-2 HOTFIX:

File Attachment:

File Name: com_kunena...0324.zip
File Size:1,044 KB

EDIT: You also need to unzip this file to /components/com_kunena to get the whole fix:

File Attachment:

File Name: emailfix3.zip
File Size:13 KB

If you choose to upload and install these two files, please confirm that subscriptions will be sent (note that you cannot send emails to yourself) and that you have no new issues after installing this package.

Once I've got a few replies to this topic that the build does not have any more regression, I will officially publish the files in JoomlaCode.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 1 day ago by Matias.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 days ago #2 by CheechDogg
Matias hotfix is confirmed. No more error messages, email is now sent to subscribers. Good stuff. Nothing else seems to be going wrong. I will be messing with this throughout the morning and I will post anything that I find. Thanks again Matias and the rest of the Dev Team. You guys are insanely great!

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
14 years 4 days ago #3 by lec
thanx for the hotfix, it does send the mails again to the admin and the moderators BUT the registred user (which posted) still not getting anything. in ie7 the smtp error is not seen but in firefox it still shows the smtp error. what can i do now? where can i find the offical mail php setting in kunena? maybe i find the error there?

More
14 years 4 days ago #4 by Matias
SMTP error should be shown in every browser. What is the error shown to your user?

Could you make these Email Subscription tests for me?

Please report everything you find. :)

More
14 years 4 days ago #5 by lec
thanx for the link. well, after cleaning the chache the the smtp error is gone also in firefox but the subscribed user still not get any notification mails. i performed your advises (created new forums etc) but the issue resists. maybe my problem lies somewhere else bc my admin/moderators recieve the notifications again (after the hotfix install) so there must be a wrong entry somewhere in my php scripts - i do not see another possibility for that otherwise its very strange that the mods/admins getting their mails normally.

More
14 years 4 days ago #6 by Matias
Please remember that users do not get email notifications from their own messages. There may be a few reasons why this is happening, and I do not believe that it's Kunena which is causing this:

1) Check if Subscriptions are allowed in Kunena configuration
2) Check if users email address is working -- it may be over quota (which means that he gets no emails until he cleans up his inbox/trash)
3) Check that your server / Kunena email address is not in a spam list of users email provider

And please perform my tests with your own email addresses. :)

More
14 years 4 days ago #7 by lec
it works! i guess i need some vacation...big missinterpreting that users not get a notification for their own mails...dont know right now why i thought that would be the case..thanx anayway!

More
14 years 4 days ago #8 by Matias
As I've helped you, could you still help me and run those tests I provided in your server? I have already run them too many times.. :)

I recommend others to take a look on those tests and report results to me. Thanks!

More
14 years 4 days ago #9 by Trouble
I'm sorry I couldn't do that much testing after originally reporting the problem in the other thread. Been in meetings all day at work, but should have some time now.

I'll install the hot fix and run through the tests, and post again shortly.

More
14 years 4 days ago #10 by Mortti

and that you have no new issues after installing this package.

I read this hotfix package changelog before I installed the test site...
There was also part:

# [#20008] Regression: Subject splits into two rows even if there is plenty of room

Okey... now that fix cause template issue with karma buttons I think? (default Joomla! and Kunena template)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.728 seconds