Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Upgrade to 1.5.10 but still a few issues it seems for me

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #1 by woonydanny
I recently upgraded my kunena 1.5.6 to 1.5.10 :cheer: :cheer:

However,

i read in the changelog these bugfixes:-
1.# [#19913] Most viewed profiles should use profile integration
But it still does not seem like this new release has fixed this one issue for me.
The userlist shows the total number of members including blocked/disabled users, where jomsocial shows only the activated/enabled users.

2. Also, my RSS still doesnt work (has never worked i dont think). I just get a blank screen in Firefox.
# [#19923] rss image isn't always displayed in config backend

3. I dont get any message now when a visitor tries to access my forum which is for registered members only
^ [#19928] New standard "Registered Users Only" error message
^ [#19942] Put a redirect when an user try to access the reply function when there is not logged

4. The logout button now doesnt work in kunena. Instead it takes me to this address
www.site.com/component/community/frontpage

The Jomsocial activity doesnt appear in the activity stream even after i set the configuration to 'yes'. I have scanned for new rules in Jomsocial, but for the time being have unpublished the kunena ones as i want to retrospectively give points to members who have made posts in the past.

Any ideas?

I know it will make it harder to help with these issues, but I will only pm my site url to admin/devs sorry, and know that it may be a long time before they get an opportunity to investigate. I dont want to hold up their progress on K1.6 :)

Cheers

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by woonydanny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
peetree21 wrote:

I recently upgraded my kunena 1.5.6 to 1.5.10 :cheer: :cheer:

However,

i read in the changelog these bugfixes:-
1.# [#19913] Most viewed profiles should use profile integration
But it still does not seem like this new release has fixed this one issue for me.
The userlist shows the total number of members including blocked/disabled users, where jomsocial shows only the activated/enabled users.

K1.5.10 count only unblocked users, it use jomsocial, CB or AUP datas if you have enabled integration with these components.

peetree21 wrote:

2. Also, my RSS still doesnt work (has never worked i dont think). I just get a blank screen in Firefox.
# [#19923] rss image isn't always displayed in config backend

This change is just related to the rss image in backend, maybe in your rss feed you have a conflict with javascript or something else.

peetree21 wrote:

3. I dont get any message now when a visitor tries to access my forum which is for registered members only
^ [#19928] New standard "Registered Users Only" error message
^ [#19942] Put a redirect when an user try to access the reply function when there is not logged

When you are redirected, you should see a message.

peetree21 wrote:

4. The logout button now doesnt work in kunena. Instead it takes me to this address

I never see this king of things before. :blink:

peetree21 wrote:

The Jomsocial activity doesnt appear in the activity stream even after i set the configuration to 'yes'. I have scanned for new rules in Jomsocial, but for the time being have unpublished the kunena ones as i want to retrospectively give points to members who have made posts in the past.

The jomsocial activity stream is disabled by default. I don't undertand the next sentences....

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by sozzled
I think some of these questions would be better dealt with if the issues were separated from one another.

I won't comment on points 1 and 3, xillibit has already written what needs to be said. Points 4 and 5 may be related to one another (or not) but they would be better directed in the JomSocial forum.

Point 2 - your ongoing RSS problem - should be looked at separately. Have you reported the problems before, and if so, could you tell us which discussion topic it was? It might be appropriate to start a new discussion topic, under Support , relating to "K 1.5.10 RSS issues".

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #4 by woonydanny
xillibit wrote:

1. K1.5.10 count only unblocked users, it use jomsocial, CB or AUP datas if you have enabled integration with these components.

I understand that, and am saying that i have it set that all integration options in backend of kunena are set to use Jomsocial, except kunena is still saying i have 7000 users but jomsocial says i have 6000 users. I thought the bugfix meant that they both would say the same thing now?

2. This change is just related to the rss image in backend, maybe in your rss feed you have a conflict with javascript or something else.

Yeah, i thought it must be something to do with my site, as it has never worked for me, and not too worried about it anyway. Maybe when i end up changing joomla templates in a few more months that might resolve it...

peetree21 wrote:

3. When you are redirected, you should see a message.

yes, i understand that but i am saying that i dont see anything on my site.

I never see this king of things before. :blink:

well ill pm you the site and you can see what i mean

peetree21 wrote:

5. The Jomsocial activity doesnt appear in the activity stream even after i set the configuration to 'yes'. I have scanned for new rules in Jomsocial, but for the time being have unpublished the kunena ones as i want to retrospectively give points to members who have made posts in the past.

The jomsocial activity stream is disabled by default. I don't undertand the next sentences....[/quote]
yes i understand by default it is turned off, but i turned it on and still nothing shows in my activity stream. I am running jomsocial 1.6.288

cheers

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #5 by sozzled
peetree: I asked you to separate the issues: Three of the matters seem to involve JomSocial; one issue relates to RSS feeds (that may or may not have been a long-term issue that you've had); and I can't comment about the other matter (point 3) that might have been introduced with the K 1.5.10 upgrade process. Further discussion on several fronts at the one time will become confusing. I would rather we close this topic and start new ones for the separate matters you have enquired about. Would you be happy with that? :dry:
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #6 by woonydanny
yep, will split these issues up. you can lock this thread.

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds