Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic closed by moderator - outdated version] Smiles do not show in admin and forum

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #1 by sabine
Hi,

I am fresh on Kunena and not know where to find some basic things. My smiles do not appear. It seem to be a path that's not defined properly.

In this post I got the feeling I got close to a solution.
69.167.137.173/forum/139-solved-or-prior...ult-smilie-set#21537

For the record I am working with Joomla 1.5.15 en the last Kunena. My language is dutch so my smiles are placed in ..../com_kenuna/template/default/images/dutch/emoticons
In the next thread (same topic) is the image language file mentioned. No result for me though. Also he is saying something about the confi file. I did find it. But can someone point me out where to change the folderpath?
69.167.137.173/forum/139-solved-or-prior...ult-smilie-set#21772

The solutions mentioned in the topic above I have tried with no results

Can someone point me in the right directions?

Thanks in advance
Sabine
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
What is the Kunena template that you are using? What is its template name?

Specifically, what version of Kunena are you using? What is its version number?

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #3 by sabine
sozzled wrote:

Specifically, what version of Kunena are you using? What is its version number?

1.5.9. date 2010-01-23

Edit* Could it be that the fact I have no rankimages in the backend has the same reason?
And the fact that I did made a Dutch iconfolder but still see the English icons ?

Is it the simple fact that I have to rewrite the paths somewhere?
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sabine.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

can-you check the file permission of your images ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by sabine
Hi,

The images folder does have permission 0755

I've been looking and have to tell you very ashamed that when I want to see emoticons I have to enable them in the configuration :blush: Stupid me. I really do not know my way around Kunena.

Something els was getting in the picture in the configuration. I do have two templates
default and default-ex.
For the images however I can only choose default-ex. So that's what is causing the fact that my images (icons)not showed.

It looks like I have take a lot of your time for nothing. I am sorry. I have to learn the logic of Kuena. It's different from Joomla!. At least for me. But I will learn.

Thank you for your time

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
sozzled wrote:

sabine wrote:

This is why we have a topic, featured prominently in the Support category that is called There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex ;)

But, I agree, emoticon/smiley management is a bit clumsy in Kunena.

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds