Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic closed by moderator due to lack of interest] error msg on kunena forums....

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #1 by travelbounty
Hi,

I have JomSocial and Kunena Forums installed on my joomla 1.5 site, but when i go and try and make changes in the joomla admin area and also click on the link into the kunena forums area the below error msg appears, can anyone help???

Fatal error: Call to a member function addStyleSheet() on a non-object in /home/pbweb/public_html/phnx/components/com_kunena/class.kunena.php on line 71

cheers
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Did this error occur just after you installed Kunena? What versions JomSocial and Kunena are you using - please do not say "the latest one" - and what version Joomla?

The error suggests that you may have had a problem with a successful installation of the Kunena component but it also could be the result of a conflict with another function. addStyleSheet is a Joomla PHP function; it looks like your installation of Kunena is having a problem with it. I haven't seen this kind of error before. :S

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by travelbounty
sozzled wrote:

Did this error occur just after you installed Kunena? What versions JomSocial and Kunena are you using - please do not say "the latest one" - and what version Joomla?

The error suggests that you may have had a problem with a successful installation of the Kunena component but it also could be the result of a conflict with another function. addStyleSheet is a Joomla PHP function; it looks like your installation of Kunena is having a problem with it. I haven't seen this kind of error before. :S

no i could access the kunena area in Joomla admin, i changed a few settings etc, then when i saved it and clicked back in there the error msg....

JomSocial - Version: 1.5.232
Kunena - Kunena 1.5.7

any idea how i can fix it and get it up and running?

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
I understand that you cannot access the Kunena control panel. I do not understand when this problem began. That is why I asked if the problem began immediately after you installed Kunena.

travelbounty wrote:

I changed a few settings etc. ... [and that's when my problems began]

Uh-oh! :ohmy:

I assume you mean that you changed a few Kunena settings? (Of course, now you can't access the Kunena contol panel so there's no way of knowing what you changed!

The solution depends on how much use you've made of Kunena. Are we talking about a live, production site, with hundreds of users and thousands of postings? Or are we discussing a test site? Would it matter if you started again, for example? Have you made a backup of your website before you "changed a few settings"? Could you restore your site back to the way before you changed things? If this is a new websites, why are you using Kunena 1.5.7? Upgrading to K 1.5.9 may fix the problem and, then again, if you've irrevocably changed something, it may just as easily not fix the problem. The problem may be rooted in the database tables and, I'll tell you, I don't even want to go there! :side:

So, you see, the more information you can give about what software you are using and when this problem started to appear (and how you may have contributed to it) the better we will be able to make some educated guesses as to how to go about solving the problem. :)

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds