Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic closed by moderator due to lack of interest] Kunena 1.5 latest links don't work ...

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #1 by SEOLord
Hell Guys, I'm new to Kunena, as I have just migrated from SMF to this component.
I have used for 2 weeks with no problem the forum, and It's very good component, can't wait for 1.6 with html support!
But...
Today I decided to remove Artio Joomsef 3 from my Joomla, as I think It's not usefull, since most of the links are generated corectly with default Joomla SEF, and they look pretty cool, so why server overload and more page creation time, right?
But, after uninstall my Kunena links have stopped working, as the link looks very ok, but when I click it in just show the front page of the forum, no 404 no nothing, just cannot access forums or topics :unsure:
I have reinstalled kunena, not fixed.
I have removed Artio JomSEF's tables from phpmyadmin, still don;t work.
I have disabled Ja Compress (just in case) not fixed.

HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!! :woohoo:

Thank you very much for any ideea guys, I an disperate here :(
Don;t ask me to go to Artio forum, since the licence...we'll to be honest, there was no licence yet, I'm glad I've realized fast is useless to buy one! :angry:

Sorry for my poor english!

Also, I used a Kunena plugin for Artio, if it count's, i's gone now with JSEF uninstall.
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What Kunena version do you have installed ? Do you have enabled .htaccess ? What settings do you have for sef in joomla! configuration panel ? And in kunena configuration panel ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by Hurr1c4n3
I think you have to delete your cache. Go to the backend -> Tools -> Delete cache

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #4 by SEOLord
Ok, let's write.

I use 1.5.9 latest, I tryed both seo settings in Kunena admin.
I use joomla default htaccess, with SEO core enabled and htaccess support enabled.

I uninstall JoomSEF and installed SH404, links work, but I don't wanna use any SEF extension.
I uninstalled SH404, link no longer work :)

Thank you for your fast replay and interest in helping me.
Does Kunena store any SEF urls, or something?

@Hurr1c4n3 I'm no noob in Joomla or scripts, thank you for your sugestion wich would be priceless If I didn't try it many time, deleted cache, deleted browser cache, deleted cache by ftp...no chance :unsure:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by SEOLord.

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by xillibit
SEOLord wrote:

Thank you for your fast replay and interest in helping me.
Does Kunena store any SEF urls, or something?

Kunena use the sef system from joomla!, the urls are not stored in any places. I don't know where is the source of the problem.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #6 by SEOLord
:unsure: If I turn off SEO in Kunena admin, it works, not-SEF urls from admin like index.php?com_ work to, just rewrited din;t work, i tryed everything :(
Checked htaccess...nothing new there...:(

More
14 years 2 months ago #7 by SEOLord
I removed Kunena and all tables, I made fresh install...same behavior :(

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
I don't know if this article is of any use in this situation: Search engine optimization (SEO)

I found that I could not simply turn on/off Use Apache mod_rewrite without having a .htaccess file (use the htaccess.txt file that comes with Joomla and rename it to .htaccess). This seems to do the trick.

Don't forget, the file is named .htaccess (there's a dot in front).
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago #9 by SEOLord
@sozzled Thak you, but my htaccess is Joomla normal, with one small redirect rule that doesn't afect the forum. I'm doing comercial SEO for 8 years now :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #10 by SEOLord
I installed SH404 .. what else to do? I was almos 2 days offline...the situation was SCI-FI :unsure: I took the only working decision! I'll never use an Artio product in my life :X

Thank you guys for the support, waiting for Kunena 1.6 :D

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds