Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question can't edit profile info

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by brizzo
for some reason, I can't edit my personal profile info. Is there something I can change to make this happen? I am using the latest version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:can't edit profile info
I'm sorry. I am not sure that I completely understand the question. What function are you trying to access to achieve this? Have you installed and attempted to integrate other Joomla extensions with Kunena? Has this function worked in the past? Are you getting any error message when you attempt to edit your personal profile information. Latest version: Kunena 1.5.9, yes?

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by brizzo
Replied by brizzo on topic Re:can't edit profile info
no error messages... i just installed this latest version into joomla as a component. It is a brand new forum. When looking at my own profile, it only lets me change between male and female. There are other areas, such as MSN id, website, etc. These are not modifiable.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:can't edit profile info
That's very peculiar. I just attempted to reproduce these symptoms on one of my own test sites (running K 1.5.9) and I could not. Can I see this behaviour at your website: can you post URL and provide me with a test account/password to verify the symptoms, please? :dry:
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago #5 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:can't edit profile info
brizzo wrote:

no error messages... i just installed this latest version into joomla as a component. It is a brand new forum. When looking at my own profile, it only lets me change between male and female. There are other areas, such as MSN id, website, etc. These are not modifiable.

Hello,

This issue happens only for your profile or for others users too ?

Do you have a link to your site with a test account ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by brizzo
Replied by brizzo on topic Re:can't edit profile info
Guys, I think I fixed it.. my only issue now is the search option isn't working.

I had to change the mod_rewrite to YES.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic What the heck ...?
OK. You got the edit user profile function working (although we don't know how it was "broken" or what you did in the first place). You're saying that it had something to do with SEO? That is really bizarre. :S

Now the search "option" isn't working? Which option is that? In what way does this option not work?

Please start a new discussion topic. I'm closing this particular subject - it's solved.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 11 months ago #8 by ashishpoyekar
I am using kunena 1.7 and joomla 1.7 . I was facing same problem that is If I login with my user name and password and tried to edit my profile it is redirected to home page. I am also using sh404sef latest version just now I disable sh404sef for kunena and now I am able to edit my profile and upload profile photo. I hope this will help somebody ............
Thanks

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds