Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic closed by moderator due to lack of interest] Not really sure what's wrong....

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #1 by OurIslamic
Anyone know what's going on? I'm getting some weird errors/formatting on my kunena forum. The URL is OurIslamic.com/forums

I have Joomla 1.5.15 and Kunena 1.5.8. The only mod for Kunena I have is udde IM.

Here's a screenshot of what's going on.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by OurIslamic
I'm getting problems accessing the forum as well as accessing the kunena admin panel.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
Do you have any version of Kunena that has worked? I would revert back to that.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by OurIslamic
1.5.8 has been working, but for some odd reason it has "bugged out" today.

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by OurIslamic
Do you think I should remove Udde IM?

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic When all else fails ...
If you don't know the specific cause of what has resulted in your forum "bugging out" I would encourage you to look at all possibilities. I would also encourage you to restore all Kunena configuration settings exactly the way they were shipped when you first installed Kunena. There is an article in the documentation Wiki that sets out what the original settings were. Search for "Kunena Configuration" - you will find it.

I would also take out every customised hack or modification that you have made. The simplest approach is to re-install K 1.5.9 over what you've now got.

Lastly, use the default_ex template without any modifications.

This combination should work ... at least it will establish that you were using something different. Does that sound reasonable to you?

As always, you should have a backup of your website as well as a test site where you can experiment before making any changes to your live, production site. :)

One of the best features about Kunena is that people can make lots of changes to it. One of the worst features about Kunena is that people do make lots of changes to it. :pinch:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago #7 by xillibit
Hello,

In the first enable the debug mode in joomla configuration panel to see more detailled errors, this kind of errors come from to an error into a sql query, with this kind of error message is hard to diagnotize.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #8 by OurIslamic
Thanks for the info, I'll be trying all that out.

More
14 years 2 months ago #9 by PaulyPaul
Hi all,

I have had this problem for some time and have posted before but no solution has been found.

The only workaround I found that works is to start pruning messages from your forum categories. Not ideal but start from say 90 days and work down 1 day at a time (90,89,88 etc) and keep reloading the page to see if its ok.

Eventually it the page reloads ok.

Like I said, no one including on here knows what causes it but the Pruning workaround will get it back up and running. Not ideal I know

Cheers!

Paul - www.hounslowtw3.net

More
14 years 2 months ago #10 by PaulyPaul
Got this problem again and its occuring more frequently :(

Don't want to keep pruning the posts so turned on the debug and got the message in the attached post. I'm not a mysql expert so would appreciate any help. :)

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds