Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic closed by moderator due to lack of interest] Modules do not show up

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #1 by Martijn36
I am having some problems with the modules on my forum page. The modules on my website show up on all pages except for the Kunena forum page when using Internet Explorer 7.

Using IE8 of Firefox, the modules show up correctly. Using IE8 in compatibility mode: Modules do not show up again, so this is not a module assignment problem.

My site statistics tell me that most of the users are using IE7, so this is very important for me to fix.

I am using the following components on my website:
Joomla 1.5.15
Community Builder 1.2.1
Kunena 1.5.8
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
This is a case of first-you-see-'em-now-you-don't! :( You say that you can see the modules under Firefox (therefore, in your case you have correctly performed the Joomla menu assignment task - Joomla is browser-agnostic) but not with IE. Further, the IE problem doesn't work if you view your website with "compatibility mode" switched on.

The problem probably lies in the Kunena template CSS but I haven't heard of this with new installations of K 1.5.8. Could you be using an older or different template, perhaps? It's possible that, when the developers released K 1.5.8 (and they changed the CSS) they didn't make it backward-compatible.

Could you please tell us what Kunena template are you using and have you made any changes to it. Perhaps, too, a link to your website would help so that we can see the same problem with IE and Firefox (and/or other browsers). Thank you. :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by Martijn36
I am using the template that comes with Kunena and I did not make any changes to it. I will PM you the link to my website, it is still in development, so not open for the public yet.

So it works with IE8, the modules show up, but not with IE7.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
As I suspected, you are using an odd (customised, perhaps?) default template. Please read There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex .

Try again with default_ex template.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago #6 by Martijn36
I am using whatever was supplied with the Kunena Ultimate 1.5.8 NL build, nothing changed to it. I'll download the standard package, extract and upload the default_ex template and try again. Thanks for your help so far.

More
14 years 2 months ago #7 by Martijn36
Replied by Martijn36 on topic Re:Modules do not show up
Uploaded the default_ex template from the standard 1.5.8 built. Unfortunately exactly the same problem, so it does not appear the template causing the problems. Would you mind having another look? (default_ex template is still enabled at this time)

More
14 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Modules do not show up
Yes, I see the problem. The right-hand modules are displaying in Firefox and IE8 but not in IE7. Puzzling. :S

This problem might be caused either by Kunena, by your Joomla template, or by conflicts in the modules you want to display. I assume, because you're able to see these right-hand modules on other pages in your site, that Kuena is involved in this in some way. Unfortunately, though, I don't have a solution for you.

Perhaps someone else can help but, I think, you will need to provide them with the URL of your website. You can decide if you want to do that publicly, or not. Sorry :(

More
14 years 2 months ago #9 by nzjacob
Martijn36 wrote:

I am using whatever was supplied with the Kunena Ultimate 1.5.8 NL build, nothing changed to it.

As Sozzled said, the only supported template is default_ex .. the Ultimate 1.5.8 NL build is a 3rd party and highly moddified build based off the Kunena code. It includes a number of core and css changes to default_ex and as such would not be supported by Kunena team.

Does upgrading to the standard 1.5.9 fix any of these issues ?

More
14 years 2 months ago #10 by Martijn36
As indicated above, I am now using the default_ex template and I am still having the same problem, so this is not related to the Kunena Ultimate template I have been using.

Here is the URL to my test website that is showing the problem: www.onsdronten.nl/testsite

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds