Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Constant problems in K1.5.8

More
14 years 4 months ago #1 by doorknob
I installed K1.5.8 over K1.5.7 and got the following error reported in the backend, immediately after installation:

Notice: Constant _KUNENA_USRL_NAME already defined in [site name]\administrator\components\com_kunena\language\kunena.english.php on line 692

I then looked in the front end and got the following errors:

Notice: Constant _KUNENA_USRL_NAME already defined in [site name]\administrator\components\com_kunena\language\kunena.english.php on line 692

Notice: Constant _PREVIEW_CLOSE already defined in [site name]\administrator\components\com_kunena\language\kunena.english.php on line 1218

Regards
Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2 by Matias
_PREVIEW_CLOSE can be removed -- sh404SEF is using the same constant, but that one isn't used anymore in Kunena.

First one.. No idea why it's already defined in your environment -- do you have any extra modules or plugins for Kunena?

More
14 years 4 months ago #3 by electra225
I am having the same "Constant _KUNENA_USRL_NAME" problem, but not the "Constant _PREVIEW_CLOSE" issue. Came up immediately after the upgrade. Only extra for me is the KLogin module. I'm clueless as to why it's happening.

John.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #4 by xillibit
electra225 wrote:

I am having the same "Constant _KUNENA_USRL_NAME" problem, but not the "Constant _PREVIEW_CLOSE" issue. Came up immediately after the upgrade. Only extra for me is the KLogin module. I'm clueless as to why it's happening.

John.

Hello,

I have reported this problem, it's because the constant _KUNENA_USRL_NAME is defined two time in the kunena.english.php, so remove in this file the line 28 :
Code:
define('_KUNENA_USRL_NAME', 'User Name');

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by xillibit.

More
14 years 4 months ago #5 by electra225
Thanks, that worked for me.

John

More
14 years 3 months ago #6 by doorknob

_PREVIEW_CLOSE can be removed -- sh404SEF is using the same constant, but that one isn't used anymore in Kunena.

Ironically, it is defined in sh404sef but not used there either.
Phil

More
14 years 3 months ago #7 by 1001notte
I just installed Kunena 1.5.8, it look as a great product, compliments!

I too get the same error:

Notice: Constant _KUNENA_USRL_NAME already defined in /home/u1001ncj/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/language/kunena.english.php on line 692

It happens in frontend as well in backend.

Sure I did read forum and tried the suggested solution, alias to cancel the doubled definition, but my file kunena.english.php contents just one string code
Code:
define('_KUNENA_USRL_NAME', 'User Name');

it's placed at line 76 (not 28) and sure, if I delete it everything goes wrong.

Some cue to solve?

Thanks in advance.

To see error click here

More
14 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
So, did you actually look at line 692 of ../administrator/components/com_kunena/language/kunena.english.php? :S

More
14 years 3 months ago #9 by 1001notte
The code is ONLY at line 76

More
14 years 3 months ago #10 by sozzled
That's not the question I asked.

1001notte wrote:

I too get the same error:

Notice: Constant _KUNENA_USRL_NAME already defined in /home/u1001ncj/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/language/kunena.english.php on line 692

What is at line 692?

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds