Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Installed 1.5.7 over 1.5.3 but Kunena says it's 1.5.4

More
16 years 9 months ago #34376 by g0dFather
I installed 1.5.7 twice in case it didn't take properly the first time, but the Kunena control panel still says 1.5.4. Should I be concerned?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #34377 by xillibit
Hello,

Do you have seen the message at the end of installation : "installation successfull" ?
You can check that you have k1.5.7 by looking in the components\com_kunena\lib\kunena.defines.php, if you see 1.5.7 it's good.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #34383 by g0dFather
I downloaded and checked kunena.defines.php and it indeed says 1.5.7, so I'm not going to worry about it. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #34384 by fxstein
g0dFather wrote:

I installed 1.5.7 twice in case it didn't take properly the first time, but the Kunena control panel still says 1.5.4. Should I be concerned?


Yes - something went wrong during the install. Please always check for errors. I'd recommend you run the install again and check for any errors. Sounds like you have the proper files on your system, but the install might have aborted before it could finish.

FYI A white page does not constitute a successful install.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #34388 by g0dFather
Thank you fxstein. I don't know why but it took the third time. I ran the installation again and sure enough, it acknowledged that 1.5.4 was successfully upgraded to 1.5.7.

I don't know why it ever said 1.5.4. because I had 1.5.3 installed before the update, but all is okay now. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds