Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question new posts notification doesn't clear

More
14 years 5 months ago #1 by Cmyall
If one of my users reads a forum thread which had the green new posts notification, then replies to that thread, they obviously see the confirmation page for a couple of seconds before being forwarded to the forum thread where their post is.

The bug is here... Users don't behave like that. They see the forum with new posts in "recent discusions" (or elsewhere) they read, post a reply and when they are on the confirmation page they click on "recent discussuins" again, obviously, they don't need to read their own post and they just want to get on to the other threads they saw with new posts in them so why wait?

But this behaviour means that when they get back to the "recent discussions" screen the forum they just read, and replied to, still shows as having new posts, what's more, the number of new posts has increased because they themselves have added to it.

The fact that they have read this forum needs to be updated when they open it, not when they close, or post into it.

Any answers / could this be fixed in a future release / is it fixed in the new RC3 of 1.5.7?

Thanks in advance for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

If i understood well, in kunena 1.5.7RC3 there are this bug which is fixed :

# [#18444] Do not show your own message as NEW!

You can see all changes in kunena 1.5.7RC3 here : joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/scmsvn/...ELOG.php&view=markup

If you, want you can try Kunena 1.5.7RC3 and see if this works better, ask me by mp if you want kunena 1.5.7RC3.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds