Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Changing the URL for Kunena to my subdomain?

More
14 years 4 months ago #1 by OurIslamic
How do I change my URL for Kunena from ourislamic.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=55 to www.forums.ourislamic.com ?

Is it possible? What are the pros and cons of doing this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2 by OurIslamic

More
14 years 4 months ago #3 by silviu
And I'm curious to reply!

More
14 years 4 months ago #4 by Matias
This is only possible by manually altering Apache configuration file in Joomla root (.htaccess). Unfortunately using subdomains almost always brings you a lot of issues as browsers think that you're visiting in a different site. So your users will at least get logged out (well, kind of as they are still logged in that another "site") every time they switch between your main site and forum.

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds