Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Installing Community Builder and uddeIM? Is that possible?

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #1 by Boxing Chaos
I am trying to get a pm system for my forum and I just found out that Community Builder is not what I was looking for as it does not have a PM system with the forum. It does however have a pm system to the joomla site.

What if I install uddeIM right over what I have? Would Community Builder and uddeIM collide or not be able to coexist?

Thank you for your time
;)

PS. I am just a little worried about uninstalling Community Builder as I have read people having trouble when they try to uninstall it.

TY
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by Boxing Chaos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #2 by Boxing Chaos
I guess I will answer my own question and the answer is yes. I can.
lol
Done. Not sure what I am doing but I am doing it

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #3 by Matias
Cb does not have own PM system at all. It uses UddeIM or something else.

BUT it profives nice unified API for them all. I'm not sure, but I believe that it's currently broken, but you do not loose anything if you use UddeIM directly.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Matias.

More
14 years 4 months ago #4 by Boxing Chaos
Matias wrote:

Cb does not have own PM system at all. It uses UddeIM or something else.

BUT it profives nice unified API for them all. I'm not sure, but I believe that it's currently broken, but you do not loose anything if you use UddeIM directly.

CB only has a pm system for Joomla and not for Kunena although, the controls in Kunena do show an option for CB but the road stops there. I installed UddeIM, I am getting errors and I can not configure it past the default setting as I am getting JFTP::login: Unable to login error which I should not be getting at all because it was working jftp log in was working before, I have made what needs to be writeable, writable, and still getting the JFTP::login: Unable to login error. I have a pm system now but I am unable to get past the error to configure it
:angry:

More
14 years 4 months ago #5 by Matias
You need to go to backend and save your FTP account password into there. If you don't do that FTP works in backend (after you have provided the password) but not in frontend.

Another possibility is to turn off FTP mode and chmod all the files..

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #6 by Boxing Chaos
Matias wrote:

You need to go to backend and save your FTP account password into there. If you don't do that FTP works in backend (after you have provided the password) but not in frontend.

Another possibility is to turn off FTP mode and chmod all the files..

Ah, I think I will turn off FTP mode and chmod all the files, that sounds like the winner, thanks. I will let you know how it went B)

Ok, I am back. I guess both your suggestions were right but I just opted with turning off the FTP. I thought I had my FTP info entered but I guess I did not. Thank you for teaching me two things in one shot
:lol:
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Boxing Chaos.

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds