Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Posts place themselves on wrong positions - latests published order

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #1 by Dade
Hi all!

I noticed a little BIG bug on Kunena Forums which is happening on my both sites independently.

Mainly, if a moderator or admin delete a post - I cant even imagine a whole thread - then the next guy that will post on the forums will occupy that deleted place. For example: User A posts at 20:00, User B at 20:01 and finally User C do it at 20:02. Then the Moderator delete the post of User B as it is not following the rules, and later User D posts again. The post of User D take the place of the User B one, although he posted later.

Anyone knows about this bug? My personal tough is - just supposing - that kunena orders the posts by their ID, therefore when a post is deleted, the next post will occupy that deleted ID. Probably I am wrong, but thats what I think can be the problem.

UPDATE: Just received a message by my community users saying that it seems that problem 'got solved' when hitting Quick Post button. I dont know if it is a coincidence or a solution, because on my clan page, it happened the same and it solved it without doing anything.

I hope I can give my help to this great project submitting this bug. Bye all!

PS: Is this the correct place to post this things?
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Dade. Reason: UPDATE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Yes it's the right place for bug report.

I have tested now, and I don't encounter this problem. What Kunena version do you use ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3 by Tipex
hello

I have the same Problem. I have delete a lot of Post and after all new Post published on the top .... and not after the other Post.

Have you got a idear what ist the Problem and how i can chance this problem?

talke soon

silvia

More
14 years 7 months ago #4 by Tipex
PS: I have make a lot of Poste and know it funktion normal.. its realy a problem of ID...

More
14 years 6 months ago #5 by Dade
I am running Kunena 1.5.5 with Joomla 1.5.14 on both sites this is happening - one with an upgraded joomla version and fresh Kunena installation, and the other one from fresh install of joomla and fireboard2kunena export.

There are other components like GroupJive, CB 1.2.1, JAwards 1.0, UddeIM, etc. But I think that is not important.

Thanks for reply!

More
14 years 6 months ago #6 by doohan
Dade, I was having this problem and it turns out it that using the default_ex template instead of any of the others fixes it. Apparently those themes are for an older version.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7 by Dade
True Dohan! Doing that it solved the problem! Many thanks!

Anyone can tell me where is the difference from them? Because I like the layout of default instead of default_ex

Again, many thanks.

Karma for ya!

More
14 years 6 months ago #8 by xillibit
Dade wrote:

True Dohan! Doing that it solved the problem! Many thanks!

Anyone can tell me where is the difference from them? Because I like the layout of default instead of default_ex

Again, many thanks.

Karma for ya!

Hello,

The differences between default and default_ex, is that default is less used so there are more issues on it, the template default is deprecated in Kunena 1.5 and default will be removed in Kunena 1.6.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds