Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question "Synchronize Users" not working

• awkuena
  • awkuena's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #1 by awkuena
"Synchronize Users" not working was created by awkuena
When I click "Synchronize Users" in the Kunena Control Panel, I get a page that looks like this: see picture1.

But then nothing happens. No other screen comes up.

I am also having a related problem. When I register an account, after filling out the fields and then clicking "resister" I am taken back to the registration page with empty fields, but I don't get any message saying I have successfully registered. Also I don't receive an email confirmation.

But interestingly, the new registration does appear in my joomla user list.

Does anyone have ideas of what may be happening?
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by awkuena. Reason: picture didn't post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Do you use a sef system or the sef system integrated by default into Joomla! ?

Your image is too tiny so I can't see the error message.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

• awkuena
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #3 by awkuena
Replied by awkuena on topic Re:"Synchronize Users" not working
Thanks for responding. I'm attaching a larger image. There isn't an "error message" but it just doesn't display like the Kunena docs say. There isn't a "synchronize" button in the upper left hand corner, and I'm not taken to another page as the docs say.

I'm using standard core joomla sef's, not sef extensions.
Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Obviously someone doesn't know their left from their right! :laugh: I agree with you: the information contained in the Wiki - Synchronizing users - could be written in a clearer manner.

The instruction:

Simply click the Sync Button in the top left corner. If you wish to cancel the operation instead, click the big red X Cancel button.

should read "click the Synch Button in the top right corner ...". If you click the button then you are returned to the Control Panel. In this respect the documentation is correct (or it should be). OK? :)

• awkuena
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #5 by awkuena
Yes but as you can see in the picture, there is no synchronize users in the top right corner either...

So I'm left with a page that doesn't display the option to synchronize users.

• awkuena
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #6 by awkuena
OK now I get it. I thought that red x was some kind of trash function. But I clicked on that and got a message saying "users synchronized". Great :)

However, I still have the problem of not receiving an email message upon registration, and there is no message after clicking "register". I just get the registration page again, with all the fields blank. Not sure what is wrong there...

More
14 years 8 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic User registration issues
awkuena wrote:

I am also having a related problem. When I register an account, after filling out the fields and then clicking "resister" I am taken back to the registration page with empty fields, but I don't get any message saying I have successfully registered. Also I don't receive an email confirmation.

But interestingly, the new registration does appear in my joomla user list.

OK, let's stop right here. As I have written on many occasions, user registration is not a function of Kunena. It's a Joomla thing. See what I wrote in Kunena users/members for example.

The reason that you're not receiving an email-on-registration is not something to do with Kunena. It could be how you've setup your mail service (see Register User Form not working for example) or it could be how you've configured your registration settings (see Activation Emails are not being sent for example). It could also be a factor of whether you are using the standard Joomla registration procedure or a third-party extension (like Community Builder). The number of possibilities is quite extensive and depends on what changes you have made to your Joomla website since you first installed it.

You will probably find a better selection of answers if you search at forum.joomla.org/

This is about as much help as I can offer you at this stage.

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds