Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Cannot upload, Avatars, Images or Files

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by linuxgirlie
Hi,

Basically the title says it all, whenever I try to upload an avatar it says:
Code:
Please select a file before uploading

and whenever I upload a file or image it says:
Code:
Your file has not been uploaded. Try posting again or editing the post. (Please select a file before uploading)

Code:
Your image has not been uploaded. Try posting again or editing the post. (Please select a file before uploading)

I have checked all of the folders in the /media/kunena/attachments/legacy/* they all have the correct permissions.
I have also check that /tmp has the correct permissions.

But I am still get the error. Any ideas?

I am running, Joomla 1.5.12 and Kunena 1.5.4

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What PHP version do you use ? Are-you that you don't delete the images before you submit ? Can you please provide a link to your site ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by xillibit.

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by Lintzy
I don't know, sometimes, the reason is something simple. I have seen a few times, that this was the cause (it has been forgotten to do the 2. step on screenshot)

Attachments:

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by tomfuller2
I am having the same problem. When uploading a file (even as super admin) I get this error:

Your file has not been uploaded. Try posting again or editing the post. (Please select a file before uploading)

Uploads set for registered users in Kunena configuration. Folders set to 775, max 300k

System info:

PHP Built on: Linux host355.hostmonster.com 2.6.28-10.40.intel.IGB.BHsmp #1 SMP Thu May 20 13:14:49 MDT 2010 x86_64
Database Version: 5.1.47-community-log
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.13
Web Server: Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) mod_ssl/2.2.15 0.9.8l DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.18 Stable [ wojmamni ama wojnaiki ] 27-May-2010 18:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 GTB7.0 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Kunena 1.5.11

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #5 by splokok
tomfuller2: Try to look for a php.ini messing around the folders of your site.

i just fixed one of our websites awhile ago ... when we where trying out the RSfirewall component and it created a php.ini that messed up uploading images or files.

Just my 2 cents :) best regards.

SPLOKOK is SPLOKOK
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: very minor edits - quote not rendered in reply

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by tomfuller2
This appears to have been fixed. Perhaps just upgrading the component replaced a missing or corrupted file. Don't know - but at least uploading now works.

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds