Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Wrong thread page displayed after posting

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by bp31
I have my profile set to "Last posts first." After posting to a topic, I am redirected to the LAST page (with older posts) as opposed to the FIRST page, where the newest posts, (including the one just submitted) would be. Can this be fixed?

Joomla 1.5 / Kunena 1.5.4

Thanks
-Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by bp31
Actually I thought they might be two separate bugs. One was when viewing posts, the other when I actually submit a post. Sorry for the confusion. B)

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Anyway, you've observed that there are different behaviours between the default and default_ex templates ... or does this odd behaviour occur irrespective of what template you're using? Maybe that was intentionally designed that way? :unsure: The significant point is that you can make your own choice ... even if it's the wrong one! :laugh: Vive la différance, eh? ;)
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 9 months ago #5 by xillibit
Hello,

Your problem happens on default_ex template or default template ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6 by bp31
The POSTING problem happens on the default_ex template as follows:

When I choose "last post first" in user profile, the order the thread is displayed correctly, new posts on page 1. (This is correct.) After posting, I am taken to LAST page, which has older posts. (Should be page 1, with newest posts.)

With "first post first" order, the thread is also displayed correctly, old posts on page 1. After posting, I am taked to LAST page, which has newer posts, which in this case is correct.

Will let you know what happens when I change templates shortly.

More
14 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled
The problem, as bp31 has described it (and I have confirmed this to be the case) is that using the default_ex template and you choose "last post first" preference, after you've posted the message you are returned to the last page of messages instead of the first page of messages. Put another way, you're sent to the oldest messages instead of the newest messages (and therefore the message you've just posted).

Odd, eh? :S

More
14 years 9 months ago #8 by bp31
Default template works as follows:

With "first post first" order selected, the diplay is normal, and after posting I am taken to LAST page, which is correct.

With "last post first" order selected, I still see posts in "first post first order" (I believe this to be a bug!) and after posting, I am taken to the LAST page (again, this is corrrect.)

But when I have this option selected, it seems "4" (the last page in this case) should contain the first posts, but I can't seem to access more than the first two pages. :S The first page "1" goes to the newest posts, correctly, but I can't access older posts on pages 3 and 4.

-- Ed

More
14 years 9 months ago #9 by xillibit
I think this is a bug, I will report this to the DEVs, thanks for report this.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 9 months ago #10 by bp31
No problem!

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds