Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Public Read/Write Problem

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by bobh
Hi. I am using 1.5.3 version. The instructions say:
Set to "Yes" to allow for public write privileges. Set to "No" to allow any visitor to see posts, but only registered users to write posts.

I set it to "No". Then I tried to access the site as a guest. I can see the category list. But when I click on any of the topics to read, it tells me that it's a private area of the site. I have to log in to read any of the post.

I am using Community Builder but I didn't link the profiles to Kunena.

Can someone please help me with this issue? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
bobh wrote:

The instructions say:
Set to "Yes" to allow for public write privileges. Set to "No" to allow any visitor to see posts, but only registered users to write posts.

I set it to "No". Then I tried to access the site as a guest. I can see the category list. But when I click on any of the topics to read, it tells me that it's a private area of the site. I have to log in to read any of the post.

I can see how this can be confusing because there are actually three important settings involved. The first tow of these are located in the general, Kunena configuration settings and the third one is located in the Forum administration part.

To achieve what you want to achieve, I think you should make the following changes:

Components » Kunena Forum » Kunena Configuration » Security
  • Registered Users Only = No
  • Public Read/Write = No
Components » Kunena Forum » Forum Administration ... and for each forum category use the following Forum security and access
  • Public Access Level: = Everybody
Neither Community Builder (whether you choose to use the integration or not) nor the specific version of Kunena any bearing on this question.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by bobh
Replied by bobh on topic Re:Public Read/Write Problem
Hi. I checked all the forum permission and they are already set to "everybody".
All the setting are as you mentioned
* Registered Users Only = No
* Public Read/Write = No
* Public Access Level: = Everybody

Do you have other suggestions to solve this? Thank you.

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
It might be handy to provide the URL of you site and a test account in order to verify the behaviour.

More
14 years 8 months ago #5 by swamsander
hi there,

it's a bit off-topic but is it also possible to put public write access on 1 or more boards/forums. So people can see all with Public Access Level: = Everybody but only on a few boards/forums (ie. someone new who wants more info) put the abbility to post new messages.

tnx

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds