Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Not to save forum users' ip addresses

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by registeriz
Hi,

I would like not to save the forum users' ip addresses.
Saving ip addresses is useless for my forum.

Which file(s) do I have to modify ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
registeriz wrote:

I would like not to save the forum users' ip addresses.

Just to clarify my understanding, are you referring to the display of IP address that appears when you view messages posted into your forum when you are logged in as a moderator?

It's a standard feature of Kunena to store the IP addresses from which the messages were posted. To remove this feature would be inviting serious trouble and I would strongly recommend against it. However, the symptoms of this feature only occur (to my knowledge) when you login to your forum as a moderator. Registered users and guests will not see this information. Is that such a difficult problem to tolerate, for the sake of moderating your forum?

If I have misunderstood your request, would you please reply ... perhaps with an example of where the symptom of your problem occurs. Thank you. :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by registeriz
I want to disable of IP address, and to disable the saving of these IP address.

But I am afraid that it's not possible :(

More
14 years 9 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

the only way to do this is to modify the files, in first open the file components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/view.php and at line 983 do this :
Code:
/*if ($is_Moderator) { $msg_ip = $fmessage->ip; }*/

And in the file components/com_kunena/template/default/post.php at line 232 replace this :
Code:
$kunena_db->setQuery("INSERT INTO #__fb_messages (parent,thread,catid,name,userid,email,subject,time,ip,topic_emoticon,hold) VALUES('$parent','$thread','$catid','$fb_authorname','{$kunena_my->id}','$email','$subject','$posttime','$ip','$topic_emoticon','$holdPost')");

by this :
Code:
$kunena_db->setQuery("INSERT INTO #__fb_messages (parent,thread,catid,name,userid,email,subject,time,topic_emoticon,hold) VALUES('$parent','$thread','$catid','$fb_authorname','{$kunena_my->id}','$email','$subject','$posttime','$topic_emoticon','$holdPost')");

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds