Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How to add announcements (was: spoiler) in 1.5.3

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #1 by hilfiger
Hi

Sorry for my english. But i am wondering how could i add a spoiler (i think is the correct word for it) to my forums.

exactly as u have on those forums, with this text:
Code:
Kunena 1.5.3 06/15/2009 00:00 Over the last few months, the Kunena team has been hard at work on both fixing many legacy issues and concurrently developing a Joomla 1.5 native version of Kunena. Having gone through multiple test versions in recent months, we're proud to announce that today we're declaring Kunena 1.5.3 the final version.

thanx
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by fxstein. Reason: Updated subject to reflect conent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I think you do a mistake, the spoiler is this :

Warning: Spoiler!

You talk about announcements, for create an announcement you need go to the Kunena front end, then choose announcements et select Add New, it's all.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by fxstein
I believe you mean announcements.

There is two ways to do so:

1.) Kunena has built in announcements that support bbcode and smilies. SImply turn on announcements in the Kunena admin backend and enter an announcement in the front end with a moderator or admin account. That is what we are using here on the site

2.) If you like more html flexibility you can simply publish a module at position

kunena_announcement

(Joomla 1.5)

You can show anything possible in a Joomla module at that position. Graphics, html, flash, advertising, anything you like.

More about Kunena module positions on the documentation wiki:

docs.kunena.com/index.php/Module_Positions

Hope this helps!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by hilfiger
Thx for the quick reply.
Modified the title with the correct description :)

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds