Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Search function in 1.5.3 doesn't work

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #1 by swamsander
Hello all,

i'm using Joomla 1.5.10 and Kunena 1.5.3 in combination with CB 1.2.1.

All is working fine (also the upgrade to 1.5.3 from 1.0.10).
Except the search function.

In the older 1.0.10 verson this was also the problem. I fixed this by removing the check for direct acces (wich was based on valid_mos).
This fixed it.

Now in this version i have the same problem.

If i search for a keyword (keyword=test) then a white page comes up with a distorted template (like there isnt any) ; you can check this by going to www.imtzorg.nl/ when it opens click on forums in the top menu and type test in the forum's search bar.

When i type something that cant be found the reslult comes back (nicely and okay) that nothing is found. So that part is working.

Only the part where there are results isn't.

I have checked this with the default template (1.5.3) and my own (moc2.0). Same results.

I use Apche and also i have Joomla in legacy mode enabled (due to some plugins, components that i haven't rewritten yet).

Please let me know if you can help and what to do.

Except for this little problem i've never had issues. Keep up the good work.

greetz Sander
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by swamsander.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

In the first time, you need to upgrade to Joomla 1.5.11, which fix for security problem.

do you tried to enabled the debug in the joomla configuration panel for see an error message ?
Do you tried to disabled the sef components that you use ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by JBHawaii
Disable your third party SEF, and see if it still gives you problems. Those urls that your site shows are not produced by the built-in joomla sef.

Mahalo,
JBHawaii

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by fxstein
I would give the Joomla 1.5 internal SEF a try. Avoids a lot of grief, is fast and looks good.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
xillibit wrote:

In the first time, you need to upgrade to Joomla 1.5.11, which fix for security problem.

!!!

What versions of Joomla has K 1.5.3 been proven with?

More
14 years 9 months ago #6 by fxstein
sozzled wrote:

xillibit wrote:

!!!

What versions of Joomla has K 1.5.3 been proven with?

Two seperate things.

Kunena 1.5.3 was tested with Joomla 1.5.9, 1.5.10 and 1.5.11

Given the high risk security vulnerability all users are always urged to upgrade to the latest Joomla 1.5.x in this case 1.5.11

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #7 by swamsander
Hi Guys,

thnx for the many replies. It's nice to see a wonderful product with a very active community. B)

Okya i've disabled (not uninstalled) sh404sef. But still the same problem when i use search. I use Joomla in legacy mode.

Also i've now upgraded to joomla 1.5.11 (tnx for the tip)

hmmm i'm going to look what i changed earlier in version 1.0.10 where i had the same problem. (and fixed it) It seams that i'm the only one with this problem... so it must be me i guess.

greetz Sander

**** Edit ****
Okay i tried disabling all plugins that arent needed , disabled legacy mode, disabled all SEF options (sh404sef and joomla) but still it no luck
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by swamsander.

More
14 years 9 months ago #8 by cendres2lune
I have the same problem with kunena 1.5.3, joomla 1.5.11 and community buider 1.2.1 .

Here is my website :

www.thebestchat.fr

May be we need to wait for updates !

More
14 years 9 months ago #9 by swamsander
cendres2lune wrote:

I have the same problem with kunena 1.5.3, joomla 1.5.11 and community buider 1.2.1 .

Here is my website :

www.thebestchat.fr

May be we need to wait for updates !

Yep i see that you have the same problem with search........

More
14 years 9 months ago #10 by sozzled
cendres2lune wrote:

I have the same problem with kunena 1.5.3, joomla 1.5.11 and community buider 1.2.1 ... maybe we need to wait for updates?

If that were true, that there is something fatally flawed with Kunena 1.5.3, J! 1.5.11 and CB 1.2.1 that cripples the search function, then how would you explain the fact the the search function works here at www.kunena.com ? (OK, there's one difference: there's no Community Builder here).

That one difference aside, what else is going on? :S

These kinds of problems are often - but not always - attributable to a conflict between one component or another. From what I've read here, the third-party sh404SEF component is a prime example of something that breaks Kunena. So what other components might be involved? That's a question that only each individual user can answer. If this were my problem, I would create a fresh website, using a "vanilla-flavoured" Joomla 1.5.11 installation, install Kunena 1.5.3, make no changes to the configuration settings, and test my problem scenario. If the problem repeats itself, it might be the webhost that I'm using, or Joomla, or Kunena, or all of those things.

Then I would add, one by one, other components - testing out Kunena to make sure that it still worked OK.

So, what we're probably saying is this: the problem doesn't exist here at www.kunena.com and we can't reproduce the problem at our own test sites. What is "special" about the websites where the problem occurs? We're not saying that you don't have a problem, but you can do a lot of preliminary diagnosis if you have a test site to establish what might be a factor in causing it.

Time to create page: 0.836 seconds