Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Announcements

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #1 by terrence klaverweide
Hi,

Kunena 1.5.3, Joomla 1.5.11.

This is what happens when I make a new announcement with a long intro text :

On the other hand, when I make one with a short intro text (one word, for example : 'Test') and save the announcement gets added like it should be.

Whenever I try to edit it though, to make it longer again, and click save : nothing happens.

I did a search on the subject, but nothing came out.

Thanks in advance..

P.S, this is the error message at the bottom :
Code:
Fatal error: Unable to insert announcement.\nDB function reports no errors in /home/mcphatst/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.debug.php on line 58
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by terrence klaverweide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:Announcements
Hello,

I pointed this to the DEVs.

He exists a fix for this bug, replace the file components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/announcement/announcement.php with this : joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/scmsvn/...sion=887&pathrev=887

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by xillibit.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by terrence klaverweide
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not really a hero when it comes to changing stuff, so I am going to sit back, relax and NOT use the announcements until a fix is presented with the new version.

They're a really nice feature, to get people's attention, but not THAT important...;)

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:Announcements
The fix that I have gived you will be in the version 1.5.4. But replace a file is easy, you can replace the file components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/announcement/ announcement.php with this.

Attachment announcement-20090616.zip not found

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Attachments:

More
14 years 10 months ago #5 by terrence klaverweide
Thanks a million Xilibit (pfff, I really had to take a couple of seconds to stare at your forum name, to make sure I did not spell it wrong, do you take pleasure in knowing people do that? ;))

I am going to change that file now. Guess topic can go to 'solved' now...

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds