Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Question Remove users ability to edit details

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by leeg5168
Hi, I'm trying to setup Kunena for Joomla in a college environment and I've linked up user authentication to our Active Directory via Joomla's LDAP Auth Module, everything works fine with Kunena in terms of being able to login and profile information being automatically entered, however, I need to disable the users ability to edit profile details (Real name, email and password) as these are populated from the Active Directory at first login. I'd still like Avatars to be selectable.

Thanks In Advance

Apologies if this thread already exists, the search function appears to be broken at the time of writing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by @quila
Hi leeg,

There are not configuration to turn off this option for user.
in Kunena 1.5 this is possible to do in two ways.
1. With a trik, if you dont use any other component for registration, or
2. With a hack, changing core file of Kunena

Choose one! ;)

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, leeg5168, and welcome to Kunena. :)

I'm impressed! I mean I'm really impressed that you've considered Kunena as discussion forum for an educational institution but I'm quite excited by your intention to use Active Directory as a way of regulating access to your organisation's website (I wasn't aware that Joomla had LDAP bridging)!

Of course, you don't want your Kunena users changing things in Active Directory and your request to prevent them from even the possibility that they could do this makes a lot of sense. I wonder if the Joomla LDAP bridge has some mechanism to prevent a reverse flow of information from Joomla back to Active Directory? If it doesn't then, you're right, Kunena may need some mechanism to stop users from changing certain profile information after registration.

I don't know the answers, unfortunately, but I think this is an important, giant step you're taking and one that will open Kunena up to a much broader greater commercial potential, particularly where intranets are involved. It may be a too late to extend the requested functionality into K 1.5 (and the same may even be true even with K 1.6 beta) but I will lobby on your behalf for this to be looked into as a priority issue for the future.

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by leeg5168
Thanks for you quick replies,

@quila I considered changing changing some of the Kunena core files, but I wasn't sure which file related to the profile section, I'll have another look!

@sozzled Thanks, we chose Kunena as it had all the features we wanted in a clean simple interface, and the reviews in the JED were very good. In fact, we are actually integrating into our intranet! Unfortunately the Joomla LDAP module is fairly limited and it doesn't seem to feature the prevention of reverse flow of information, I'll try @quila's second method for now, I look forward to updates if it is possible to add this functionality, I'll look out for it.

Once again, thanks for your polite, prompt replies! :)
Gary

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by leeg5168
I've just had another quick look in the Kunena files, but I can't seem to find the "Edit Your Details" link referenced anywhere, could you point me in the right direction?

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by @quila
Ok, look here:

components / com_kunena / template / default / plugin / myprofile / myprofile_menu.php

about line 51
Code:
<a href = "<?php echo JRoute::_(KUNENA_LIVEURLREL . '&amp;func=myprofile&amp;do=userdetails'); ?>"> <?php echo _KUNENA_EDIT_TITLE; ?> </a>

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by leeg5168
That's great, thanks very much! I appreciate your help!
:cheer:

Once again,
Thanks,
Gary

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds