Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question I need help with template installation

• mk14steve
  • mk14steve's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by mk14steve
I need help with template installation was created by mk14steve
deleted by author ...
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by mk14steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, mk14steve, and welcome to Kunena.

Before we can answer your questions we really need to know what version of Kunena you are using. I am guessing that you want information about K 1.5.something, is that right? Thank you. :)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

• mk14steve
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago #3 by mk14steve
Replied by mk14steve on topic Re: I need help with template installation
yep. K 1.15.12

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for clarifying that point; it allows us to place your question in a more appropriate category.

I suggest that you read Before you ask for help with template issues ... This may not answer all your questions but it might be helpful.

Your own template should reside in ../components/com_kunena/template/<my-template-folder> and basically should contain the same kinds of files that you would find in the ../components/com_kunena/template/default_ex folder. If you do that then you should see <my-template-folder> in the drop-down list of available templates.

I hope that answers your question. :)

• mk14steve
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #5 by mk14steve
Kunena comes with two templates in the template folder, default and default_ex. Even their own "default" isn't showing, only default_ex. I figured the installed kunena would at least show the two templates it comes with, it doesn't.

I have read the link you pointed to regarding "before you ask ..."

The only template showing is default_ex in the drop down list box.

I wonder why you get a helluva lot of questions about templates? Maybe there's a clue there for kunena developers ..... either the public are stupid (which they aren't generally) or maybe ....
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Restored original messge posted by user

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
There are many reasons we get so many questions. For many people, English is not their native language and they have difficulties using the search facility to find the information that might help them. Most of the time the questions are almost the same (yours is an exception) and most of these questions are answered by the sticky post that I referred you to.

A lot of people are unaware that these sticky posts, these "frequently-asked questions" if you like, even exist! And, although I don't really want to say it, a few people are just too lazy to look for themselves.

Yes, that's correct: even though there is a "default" folder there is no default template - not with new installations of K 1.5.12 anyway. :) What you see is perfectly normal.

See this (another one of those sticky, FAQ-type messages that, unfortunately, a few people don't see): There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex .

Has that helped any better? :)

• mk14steve
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #7 by mk14steve
Not really.

I give up. I think Joomla and Kunena is developed by techies for techies. Information is scattered, difficult to read and authors write it for a techie audience; forums also write for a techie audience and do not seem to have the patience for the beginner.

So I will exit this forum where I can see I am not tolerated because no one has the patience to help me find out why I cannot install other templates; if your only answers are to advise I go look for techie pins in techie haystacks then Kunena is not for me.

I am sorry to have disturbed you all and I apologise I had the audacity to think I might find someone to help me.

It's been uninstalled never to be touched again. Life is too short.
:(
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Restored original messge posted by user

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
This looks like a case of someone losing a cent, finding a dollar, and who still wants to complain about losing the cent! :whistle: The user asked a question, we spent time answering the question. The user removed the details contained in the first message in this thread, made some uncalled-for remarks about the way that we went about answering his questions and this topic seems to have been a complete waste of my time.

I think other users can judge, for themselves, whether my replies were, in any way, discourteous, unhelpful or unprofessional.

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds