Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How did I nest my forum into my website?

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by cilieyac
could someone kindly explain what I did to create a nested forum inside my website?

I'm a total newbie to joomla (only at it 8 days). I was about to tackle the CSS on the kunena board and was surprised when it loaded and was nested into my website.

I don't think I like the three column look. I am thinking that the board is too narrow. I do have some pages on my template that load with two columns (article pages). Is there anyway to adjust the joomla display page to nest the forum into a two column page? My website is 1100 px wide. I could make the page CSS a little wider to accomodate the forum interface but am thinking that 1100 is almost too much.

Am thinking that the nested forum is a nice way to avoid all that extra coding to make it look like it is a part of the site. I was just planning on going in and changing font styles and colors to make it match better (am using Firebug on Firefox, great tip!)
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #2 by Cerberus
what u need to do is disable the module that are in the right and left columns:

joomla backend / Extensions / module manager / select module you want to change.

then go to:

Menu Assignment / Select Menu Item(s) from the List / then from list below deselct the forum but leave rest selected.

then you will get your forum full width but on other pages your side modules will appear.

:)
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by cilieyac
AWESOME!
Thanks!
I have to say that kunena is a cinch thanks to all your hard work on your documentation and help files. I have a steep learning curve and the kunena developers are writing right to my level.... something I haven't found with other forum options I researched. The only trouble is, this was one of the last ones I stumbled across. Thankfully I didn't install something else first because I don't have the skills to build a bridge, etc.... Thanks a mill. Hats off to you all for making this such a breeze..... I am actually feeling a little computer smart for the first time in 8 frustrating days.....

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you, cilieyac (nice play on words :D ). I've just looked at your site and it looks quite OK to me. We appreciate your thanks and the honest reviews that users take the time to write at the Joomla Extensions Directory .

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by iLucato
AWESOME II!

Just what I was looking for! Trying to get rid of my 3 columns layout to make the forum fit as a single page with no extra columns.

Thanks Cerberus for sharing and reminding us these options. I appreciated that.

All the best.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by Cerberus
your welcome :)

Time to create page: 0.589 seconds