Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question allignment on reply

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #1 by tjmartin
allignment on reply was created by tjmartin
Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but i have not found a solution to my issue. I am current on my Joomla install and Kunena install. When someone replies to a post, the emoticans on the side are alot lower than they should be for some reason. I attached an image for your review. The site can be seen at www.recongaming.net and select community forums. i would appreciate any help on this...i would hate to have to delete this and try another forum version.

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by tjmartin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: allignment on reply
Please upgrade to K 1.5.11 to fix a number of known formatting problems with the version of Kunena that you have installed on your site.

Secondly, if the problem still persists after you have upgraded, we will require a test account access to your site to examine what happens when users try to create a message.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by tjmartin
Replied by tjmartin on topic Re: allignment on reply
i have updated the forum to the most recent version and it is still showing the same issue. i have set up a temporary account login is testuser and pass is testpass.

The emoticons are down below still like in the above image. not like they are here on this site.

Thanks for your fast reply and I hope you can figure it out.

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by tjmartin
Im sorry, i just realized that it is not your software that is the issue. It is in the theme or template that is causing the issue. I understand that you do not provide support for other templates. if you could please give me insight as to where i may look for the issue, i would greatly appreciate it.

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: allignment on reply
No problem. I suggest you look at Before you ask for help with template issues ... which provides a lot of clues on how you can go about solving your particular problem. We always encourage our users to search for their own solutions and to use their own time and resources to learn about the magic of webcraft but, sometimes, the answer eludes them.

I had a quick look at your problem (thanks for providing the account information). What you need to do is to change your Kunena template at around line 59 and add the line in red below:

#Kunena tr.fb_sectiontableentry2 td {
background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #171717;
border-color:#2F2F31 #111111 #0E0E0E #2F2F31;
border-style:solid;
border-width:1px;
color:#CCCCCC;
padding:5px;
vertical-align:top;
}

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #6 by tjmartin
I totally understand and I apologise for my overlooking this. It had been awhile since i installed this forum as I was building the rest of the site. I appreciate your looking into the issue for me and that did the trick. Again..Thank you
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by tjmartin.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
Again, no problem. :) Although I'm sometimes "accused" (if that's the right word) of being a bit too conceptual (or "high-level") in approaching various discussions, my main objective is not, so much, to solve users' problems but to help users get their minds around some of the important concepts involved in Kunena, particularly when they want to change something! As I've often written: Kunena works, 99% of the time, straight out-of-the-box without users having to make a single change to anything; it's when users change something (without understanding how things work) when their world goes pear-shaped! :laugh:

The companion documentation Wiki site ( docs.kunena.com ) actually provides the information you're looking for. If you search for "Template" you will find many pointers that will tell you what your template file is called, where you will find it, and so on and so forth. The actual part of the Wiki that you need to look at is Changing Template and its Colours - the Basics . This information was one of the first things mentioned in Before you ask for help with template issues ... .

Now, I could have, perhaps, simply told you you the actual name of the one file that you need to change (and I could probably even have told you where you'll find it) but I want the message to sink in: there are many things that you can do, for yourself, to learn webcraft. We would like to help you succeed with this, to be able to stand on your own two feet, and maybe (some day) you might be able to pass on what you've learned to someone else. :)
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8 by tjmartin
Ive got it done and looks good. The forum did work right out of the box with no issues at all. The color was just way to bright for our darker themed site. I was rushing to get things done for our opening day and didnt look at your code close enough to realize it would be in the .css file. We host game servers, websites and voip and had several bug issues that needed taken care of. The forum software works like a charm and seems easier to move around rather than using vbulletin or ipb. We "recongaming.net" would be happy to make a small donation to the Kunena cause for a great component to Joomla.

I will definitely look into the wiki for more information.

Thanks again

TJ Martin

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds