Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Forum description and header not appearing in front-end

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by davidra
I'm using the latest Kunena stable release. Using the backend admin panels, within the Edit Category/Forum screen, I have written text in the name, description and forum header fields.

However, when I use the forum, these fields are not visible....just the white space where the text should be . I can however drag my mouse across this white space and can see that the text is there...its just not showing.

I think its a font colour issue - the font for these 3 fields must be white so they're not showing against the white forun background.

How do I find out... and where do I find the definition for these fields so i can change the font colour. If I change the font colour for these 3 fields - is there a knock-on effect else-where...is this font definition used anywhere else ?

Many Thanks

David
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by Cerberus
please retest using the default_ex template as that is the only one support by the moderators here. :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by davidra
Many thanks for the quick update however the default_ex template is being used

:(

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by Cerberus
i can tell from your picture that is NOT the default_ex unmodified template, please use the default_ex unmodified template and test again.

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by davidra
This morning I had 1.0.9 installed but within the last few hours, I uninstalled this version and installed the latest version. From the backend, here is what is being set. It does say default_ex...are you thinking my yootheme template is interfering with the font setup ?
Attachments:

More
13 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
Yes, from the description you've given of your problem, the cause lies in your Joomla template. I'd like you to have a read of I think that you'll find the answers that you are looking for in there .

I'm very pleased to hear that you have upgraded to K 1.5.11! :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #7 by davidra
Hi Sozzled...thanks for your pointer. I used firebug and located the section - it was found in kunena.form.css...lines 515 & 532

I've changed the font colour to black...not ideal but it does now show the forum description text and header I was looking for. Its now black because the same colour is used for the Forum stats and online stats titles (fb_title, #Kunena a. fb_title)

Thanks

David

More
13 years 10 months ago #8 by davidra
I have now been able to change the text but out of curiosity,I completed the same steps on the Kunena forum as there seemed to be a difference... my background was white but the Kunena forum is 'blue'

The Kunena Forum and my forum are the same - use the same .fb_header attributes

Does anyone know how I can find out what is surpressing my .fb_header ? The cat_title_bg.gif is in the right place (under images)but for some reason, its not showing.

I think this is the root cause - once I find out why its not being shown, I can then change the header/description font colours back to white

any ideas ?

Thanks

David

More
13 years 10 months ago #9 by @quila
Hi,
we can't know this if we dont see this. Can you provide a link to your site, please.

Thank you.

More
13 years 10 months ago #10 by davidra
Hi @quila

The site isn't 'public facing' - it sits behind a company firewall..how do you normally approach these issues ?

Time to create page: 0.619 seconds