Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question SOLVED!! New Template not showing in Configuration page??

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #1 by adham
Hi!
Well first to say Thanks for not letting fireboard die!

I have Uploaded a template via FTP all good, but cannot change the default template in the backend.
Any ideas on this issue?
Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by adham.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. :dry:

You've uploaded a new template via FTP; OK, that part I understand! B) So, where - which folder on your site - did you upload this template to?

Kunena templates should, for the most part, be copied to the folder where the developers of those templates have instructed in the accompanying "readme" files.

Now, I'm assuming, since you used the worrying word Fireboard in your message, that you are, in fact, using Kunena. Aren't you? :dry: And I'm also assuming - because whenever I read the word Fireboard, I get a nervous trembling in my bones - that you're also using Joomla 1.5 and you're running it in "native" mode? Yes?

It might help us if you confirmed these matters - it will certainly allow me to get along with my day without the anxiety of not knowing. :D

Although the Kunena project (at this current moment in time) only endorses and supports the default_ex template (for version 1.5), we encourage our users to submit their own designs. Those designs, however, are available for you to use at your own risk. So, when you wrote "I have uploaded a template via FTP" I assume that you are not referring to the default_ex template. Please read There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex

As long as you have loaded the template in the correct folder destination (a sub-folder of ../components/com_kunena/template) you should be able to select it via the Kunena control panel facility that adjusts the configuration settings.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by adham
Hi!
Yes I am using Kunena and Joomla 1.5. All latests stable versions, and yes I did upload the folder into the Kunena Template directory, I did use Kunena before and it was working fine, I Installed the latest version into a new web site, and uploaded the files, but in the drop down menu it wont show but the default-ex template.

The fireboard is just meaning it is great that it didnt go to waste like few of good Joomla extensions, keeping it simple powerful and to the point, not to mention FREE!

I know Kunena had alot work done to it, but kept the sole of what made fireboard so popular with the joomla user!
Cheers!

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by adham
Hi!
Problem solved, guess its not good to stare at screen for 6 hours and drink a ton of coffee ;)

Anyway for those who want to know what was the problem here it is:

Upon extracting the template hit the wrong button which created an additional folder
so it was:
/sitename/components/com_kunena/template/newtemplate/newtemplate

fix is:
/sitename/components/com_kunena/template/newtemplate/

Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work :)

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds