Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question joomla issue or kunena?

More
14 years 3 days ago #1 by chicaloca
hi

I've looked through the FAQ about templates and searched the forum but don't seem to have come up with a definitive answer. I've installed the latest version of kunena (1.5.11)but having trouble with the display.

kds.dkeenan.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=37

that is the link that should hopefully link to the forum section. after looking around on the forum I've been able to modify the joomla template so the appearance is better (i know the colour scheme doesnt match but I'll worry about that later) but it's still not doing what I want, it seems too narrow vertically and horizontally. I think I'm right but just looking to clarify before going round in circles as I seem to have done all the way through the creation of this site! any nudges in the right direction would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 days ago - 14 years 3 days ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: joomla issue or kunena?
Love it! :woohoo: First time I've seen someone actually use the Beez template!

OK ... down to work: I only see one problem and it has nothing to do with Kunena. The Kunena display looks good to me (using Firefox or Internet Explorer 8) - I don't understand what you mean by too narrow vertically and horizontally - it's about right in terms of white space. But you do need to make the search intput-box accessible. Change the value shown below (at around line 211 of ../templates/Beez/css/layout.css):

#header form .inputbox {
background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
font-weight:bold;
margin:3px 10px 0 0 !important;
padding:0 0 0 2px;
width:6em;
}

You might also find these articles helpful: If I've misunderstood what you mean by "too narrow vertically or horizontally" perhaps you might like to show us, with a screenshot, how the display looks to you? What browser, for instance, are you using?

Cheers
Last edit: 14 years 3 days ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 3 days ago #3 by chicaloca
thanks for the quick reply and glad you like it! pretty new to web development but learning all the time! :lol: funny you should mention the search box, just posted in a joomla forum about it!
Code:
#header form .inputbox { background:#fff; font-weight:bold; padding:0 0 0 2px; /* margin:20px 10px 0 0 !important; */ margin:5px 5px 5px 0 !important; /* see how the margin right below works */ margin-right: 25px; width:10em; }

in case you're interested thats my code for it now although the margin-right doesnt seem to do anything to centre it...

anyway sorry my description wasnt the best, i just meant that the whole forum looked a little squashed (such a technical term i know! :laugh: ) but seeing as this is the first time I've used kunena I'm not sure if this is show it should appear.

thanks for the links yeah I've had a wee peek at them before, once I get the layout just that little bit better I'll get working on the colour scheme :)
Attachments:

More
14 years 3 days ago #4 by sozzled
Within the context of the Beez template, the position of your component display (the area that is used by Kunena) seems about right. To me it looks "centred" with just the right amount of white space surrounding it. Kunena will display differently - sometimes it won't work at all! - when you use other Joomla templates. If you want Kunena to appear wider, choose a wider Joomla template (like JA_Purity, for example). :)

More
14 years 3 days ago #5 by chicaloca
ok thanks will do :) i take it that wont have much affect on my colours etc? thanks for your help always good to have a friendly font :):)

More
14 years 1 day ago #6 by chicaloca
I've had a look at the JA_purity and you're right the forum looks much better on there. Is there a quicker way to modify the css so it looks more like the beez template or is it just a case of going through it all from scratch? just when i thought i was nearly finished....!

More
14 years 1 day ago #7 by sozzled
I'm sorry, chicaloca, but this is now, most definitely, a Joomla issue. Yes, it's possible to redesign JA_Purity (or any Joomla template, for that matter) to have a similar look and feel about it as, say, Beez. Or you can shop around at the many Joomla template websites until you find one that suits. Just remember, when shopping around, to only use templates that are designed for Joomla 1.5. There are thousands of J! 1.0 templates but you're not futureproofing your site if you try to use them; in fact, you're only going backwards.

www.kunena.com is not equipped to advise you on what is the best Joomla template you can use with Kunena. The only thing I can tell you is that Kunena has been tested with the two main standard, sample templates that are included in the J 1.5 installation kit: rhuk_milkyway and JA_Purity. As I said earlier, yours is the first case I've encountered of someone using the Beez template and, as I also noted, there's a minor issue involving the placement of the search box.

If you select a different template, please search these forums for known issues or problems with it or with other templates created by its developers. ;)

More
14 years 1 day ago #8 by chicaloca
just seen your reply, thanks very much for the help :) ive been playing about with it today and think ive got soemthing that works with just one little thing that seems to need corrected now, ive put a futher post onto this forum

thanks for your time :D its appreciated when learning something new and getting a bit confused along the way :)

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds