Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Minor template problems left after FB->Kunena migration

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #1 by mascheko
Hello,

After I finished manipulating the default-theme I still have three ?little? problems:

1.) You see the ",,,,Strf,,Placko" problem with the moderators? Maybe that has something to do with the administrators, who are invisible place-holders?

2.) When I answer a message, there should be a frame with different buttons. But the buttons are not there. I created and tested the website successfully on my laptop offline with XAMPP 1.71, which is using PHP 5.2.6, my host (Host Europe) is using 5.2.12. Could that be a problem?? I use everywhere Firefox 3.6.3. IE 8.0.6001.18702 has only broken links where the buttons should be, no matter if I run IE in compatibility view or not...

3.) My Avatars were with FB 1.0.5 RC2 about all the same size, now Kunena seems to implement them in original size, instead of resizing them. I checked already CB config and Kunena config, but it seems I'm blind - couldn't find anything. :P

I created a Test-User, will delete him again in 2 days.
Username: Test
PW=Username
Forum: www.stormlords-wow.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=0

Thanks for the help,
Oliver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Allow me to make a few general observations first.

Whenever I visit these gaming sites - and, it seems, the majority of problems that I've been asked to help with have involved gaming sites (World of Warcraft sites account for a large percentage of these problems) - the first thing I notice is how much the same one site is to another. It's not just the dark and sombre mood that these sites evoke. It's also not only that my eyesight is not a good as it once was when I was a teenager and, within 60 seconds, I find myself screaming "lemme outta here!" :laugh: I enjoy a good video game, too. But why do these sites all seem to have the same problems with Kunena?

So, when I visited the site under discussion here, I found myself asking the same question: Is this a case of déjà vu?. The sameness among WoW sites seems to extend beyond the dark and sombre colours and images. It also extends into the range of "accessories" that these sites employ. There are, almost universally, template features, WoW shoutboxes, modules or plugins, that work fine (I'm sure) but, when mixed with Kunena, they create more havoc than a zombified orc peon.

So, let's deal with these problems collectively:

Your Kunena template layout problems are caused by your Joomla template. You need to change the Joomla template CSS. Starting with the Kunena default_ex template CSS, change the colours and fonts to suit your site template (if you must) but remember, because you upgraded from Fireboard, you might be tempted to use one of the old Fireboard templates. Don't be tempted. There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex

The missing Kunena forum boardcode is caused by a Javascript conflict with another Joomla extension. Your mission (should you choose to accept it ;) ) is to identify the conflicting extension and eradicate it from your website.

Avatar sizes in K 1.5.9: this is a known problem and has been addressed and fixed in K 1.5.11.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #3 by mascheko
As I stated in the other thread you answered before, I'm not responsible for this site and its style - I just helped out some friends 1,5 years ago since the former developer stopped administrating the site. I was the one-eyed among the blinds, so I kept the site as it was, just updated Joomla and some modules. Actually, I even got rid of some things and only a handful modules are installed: CB, shoutbox, forum, PM, gallery and video - I guess the standard package for a little community. Don't forget those freaks stick closer together than the members here and it's more "family", so they have different needs like i.e. a gallery. If you want a trip to the mountains, you won't choose the Ferrari - you will pick the Rover. Thats why our site differs from your site here.

And btw, I'm 33 and far away from being a teenager by myself but actually, I have no problem reading everything. We could actually start thinking, if those dark sites save energy, compared to this light site - check www.infoworld.com/t/platforms/google-ene...-black-and-white-687 - "We believe that there is value in the concept because even if the energy savings are small, they all add up. Secondly, we feel that seeing Blackle every time we load our web browser reminds us that we need to keep taking small steps to save energy,"

Why all those sites have problems with Kunena? No clue. Maybe you should think about this ;)

About my problems:

1. The ",,,,,Strf,,Placko" problem doesnt look like a template problem and I think you didn't mention that.
2. I'm actually surprised about a "...Javascript conflict with another Joomla extension...".
I got a full backup of the live-site and copied it to my laptop to run the site offline with XAMPP. There I installed Kunena, manipulated the template after all was finished and worked properly, I just copied the working site from the laptop back to the server. Again, on the laptop all worked fine, which means, the very same extensions work there but on the server, I have a conflict? :blink: :huh:. But since I'm the one-eyed I trust you and ask, if you got any tips how I can narrow down the problem? Some log or debugging mode I can use?
3. Avatar problem solved with K1.5.11

Yes, I'm aware that there are still some template problems, but after 6 hours, I had enough of roaming in that .css :X. But I'm sure I fix them whenever I feel - at least the site works.

Thank god you live on the other side of the world (I'm an "Aussie" as well, but no kangaroos here in Austria...) and you can answer those questions during my nightshift :cheer:

All the best,
Oliver
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by mascheko.

More
14 years 1 week ago #4 by mascheko
For the log: The button problem is solved. The folder website\images\fbfiles\editor was completely missing - all the png-files are in there.
Firebug was a real helper there.

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds