Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Subcategories display wrongly on IE

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Alistair
While they are correctly displayed with Firefox and Googlechrome, subcategories are not aligned properly with Internet Explorer, any particular reason? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
I assume, when you use the term "subcategories", you are referring to the display of "child boards". Is that correct?

I also assume, by your quite definite statement, that you have observed a difference in the way that child boards display at www.kunena.com . Is that correct?

Would you like to show us the differences in the way that child boards are displayed or "aligned", please. I have looked at www.kunena.com using Firefox and IE 8 and (as the following partial screenshots show) I cannot see the difference.

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Alistair
Hi, I didn't remember how they were called in English, but yeah I meant child boards.

I was referring to our website, lepantere.com/forum , if you have the chance to see it with Firefox and Googlechrome you'll see that the child boards are perfectly aligned on the left, while they are not with Internet Explorer.

Thanks

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for clarifying that point.

At this time, there is a lot of work going on behind-the-scenes with Kunena and I thought you were stating that there was something defective with Kunena. Perhaps you might make these distinctions clearer in future. ;)

I see what you mean at your website. In you Kunena configuration settings, what value have you defined for Frontend » Look and Feel » Number of child board columns ?

One other point that I would also make is that, sometimes, it's not completely possible to guarantee consistency in the way that CSS is rendered by different web browsers. As much as we would like web pages to be seen in a more-or-less identical manner, each website browser developer implements the W3C conventions in their own ways. Sometimes you just have to accept that a site may appear one way in Internet Explorer but differently in Firefox or another browser.

Almost without exception, however, these variations are not the result of Kunena CSS. They are caused by your Joomla site CSS. However, because of the way that Kunena 1.5 is constructed, it's also important that, with each new release of Kunena that you install, you should also examine any customised Kunena templates that you are using to ensure that they are compatible with the latest release. Occasionally there are subtle code changes that creep into later version of Kunena that create anomalies like you have described.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Alistair
Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

I think it was something to do with the child boards (what I called subcategories) look and feel, now I've set 5 instead of 0 and they all display horizontally, is there a way to dispaly them vertically? Just asking. Thanks

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
Alistair wrote:

I think it was something to do with the child boards (what I called subcategories) look and feel, now I've set 5 instead of 0 and they all display horizontally, is there a way to display them vertically?

Play with the numbers and let us know. I think you want a value of 1.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Alistair
sozzled wrote:

Play with the numbers and let us know.

I PLAYED, and I WON! 1-0 ;) Yeah, it was 1 the number I was looking for, thanks!
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds