Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question "expand" kunena to edges of template (the gap)

More
14 years 1 day ago #1 by Ninjao
Hi,

I tried to find the solution using search and reading the documentation but I found nothing that worked for me :(

I saw the documentation and forum thread which said to change the width from a certain px value to a % value. However I have not found that line on the ja_purity.css

I tried guessing what to change by using photoshop to "measure the pixels in the gap" but I found no value.

I have attached a screenshot for you to examine.

Thanks a lot in advance!

-Ninjao
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 day ago #2 by sozzled
Two points to make:
  1. The K 1.5.9 "Gainsboro" template is a user-contributed development; any problems that you have with user-submitted designs are best resolved with the developer. There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex
  2. You might find the following topic helpful: Before you ask for help with template issues ... ;)

More
14 years 1 day ago #3 by Cerberus
sozzled is right but you could always use firebug for firefox to find the code making the gap and remove it from the template :)

More
14 years 23 hours ago - 14 years 23 hours ago #4 by Ninjao
Hi guys, thanks for the replies!

Obviously I read that post you mentioned sozzled and I know a lot of people post these questions :) I took the time to search the forums and didn't find a solution to my problem. Default-ex presents the same problem so it must be with the joomla template..?

I installed firebug and discovered that the gap is apparently from ja-content. There doesn't seem to be a value to edit! :(

Maybe I need to define it? I have no idea how to proceed :(

regards,
-Ninjao
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 23 hours ago by Ninjao.

More
14 years 23 hours ago - 14 years 23 hours ago #5 by Cerberus
template.css line 869

Padding: 0px 20px 0px 40px; <---- there she is change them all to 0px or 1px and ur sorted :)

The STYLE box in bottom left hand corner is best place to look for that kind of error in firebug :)
Last edit: 14 years 23 hours ago by Cerberus.

More
14 years 18 hours ago #6 by Ninjao
Hi again!

Thanks a lot that helped! :) However it did not remove the gap at the top :(

I now have the forum nested nicely on the left hand side but at the top there is still a gap.

Any suggestions?

-Ninjao

More
14 years 17 hours ago #7 by Ninjao
Ok after playing around with firebug I found the line that changes the code

-container2 {
background:url("images/c-bg2.gif") no-repeat scroll 18% 0 transparent;
padding:20px 0;

However when I try to find that exact line in my actual .css to make the change permanent it doesnt change.

Well I found the line.. except it looks a bit different like this:

#ja-container2 {
padding: 0px 0;
background: url(../images/c-bg2.gif) no-repeat 18% 0;

Have I found the right line?

More
14 years 16 hours ago #8 by Cerberus
give me another print screen of the firebug like before so i can see wat its saying please.

More
14 years 14 hours ago #9 by sozzled
I'm pleased to see you've made some headway: :) This problem can probably be fixed in 5 minutes. What's the URL of your website, please? I assume that guests can browse your forum without an account?

More
14 years 13 hours ago #10 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re:
sozzled wrote:

I'm pleased to see you've made some headway: :) This problem can probably be fixed in 5 minutes. What's the URL of your website, please? I assume that guests can browse your forum without an account?

THIEF im helping this one :P <3

Time to create page: 0.809 seconds