Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question odd forum display error

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Cerberus
for some reason since i put k1.5.10 on my site i have been getting this odd error

i have the dark template on and i tried it with default template and doesnt seem to do it can any smart ppl here find me a fix.

p.s. doesnt do it in firefox only seems to happen in IE

come on sozzled help me out :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:odd forum display error
You want me to get motivated to sort out IE problems? You must be kidding! :P But, seriously, I'll have a look at this very soon. BTW, does the issue disappear with IE 8 run in "compatibility mode"?

You are of course aware that a decision has been made by the developers to only ensure Kunena is compatible with the latest release of IE? In other words, at the time of writing, future versions of Kunena will not be made to be compatible with IE 7 or earlier; if Kunena work with those older versions, consider that to be good luck, not good management! I can dig out the reference to that decision, if you want.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #3 by sozzled
As your explanation states, "there is a problem when you mouse [hover] over [various] buttons". As a guest browser, of course, I do not see any buttons. I would need to have the same level of access that you need to reproduce the problem at your site.

Would you like to PM me the information (URL, account name and password), please.

Again, as whenever I refer to the things you should know , we can't make any guarantees that we can always fix your problems.
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re:odd forum display error
dw worry about that message itself that i already fixed its the odd forum size thats my issue.

will try the compatibility mode and its IE8 im having issue on :)

EDIT: yer works fine in compatibility mode but not standard IE8

see ur pm for login info and url..
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by Cerberus.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #5 by sozzled
Thanks for the information. I'm still browsing.

I seem to recall that there was, once upon a time, a problem when users posted a video link or, rather, a badly-formed video link. The consequences of that was to break the display.

From what I can tell, the "odd forum display" seems to occur only with selected topics, not with all of them. Is that correct?

Here's a suggestion. What happens if, in the link to the topic you gave me, you edited the post with the embedded video, and see what happens to the rest of the post.

(I could be barking up the wrong tree - that was an intentional pun aimed at Cerberus (a three-headed dog) - or it might be the clue. I don't know. More investigation. I will write back.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
No. Let me retract that last comment. The maligned Kunena display is unaffected by embedded videos. The problem seems to occur everywhere.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Cerberus
i have a post with no imbedded images or video that doin it to

EDIT: i will up ur access and give you a link to the other post in pm :)

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
The IE8 "developer tools" (one significant improvement that Microsoft made to IE7) are like a dog's breakfast ... er ... no pun intended that time, mate! :laugh:

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #9 by Cerberus
yer tell me about it, tbh i looks like a missing } in the code somewere thats doin it but finding that would be impossible for me and it dnt happen in ver K1.5.9 as far as i can remember so i guessing its another K1.5.10 glitch :(.

EDIT: id need a copy of 1.5.9 to test that tho *hint hint*

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #10 by sozzled
I think I've found the culprit: there's a <div id="content"> and, playing around with the CSS in your Joomla site template, seems to have an effect on the Kunena display (probably other elements on your website, too. But, from the little bit that I've seen (over the last 45 minutes) it looks as though this <div ...> doesn't seem have a matching </div>.

Again, I could be wrong, but everything points to the Joomla template coupled with the fact that Microsoft's web broswer implements the W3C conventions in its own unique and peculiar way. Perhaps that's why Internet Explorer (the combined total of all versions of it) only enjoy 35% of market share ... depending on whom you talk to , of course. ;)

This doesn't answer your question and I'm not being dismissive about IE8. Certainly not. Unfortunately, in this case, there's not a lot that I can do for you here because the Joomla template you've chosen is too complicated for me to resolve quickly.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds