Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Adjusting my Joomla template to make Kunena fit better

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #1 by CFCSW6
Hi there,,,

Honestly! I've tried and tried to look through the forum and the docs.kunena.com pages.....spent about 20+mins reading. But not much luck.

How to centre it??? ! Yes... that bloody question AGAIN, (i can hear you saying Grrrrrrrrr already.

If you could have a quick look for me pleaseeeee

1026.tv/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=

(Joomla 1.5.14)

I don't want to going straight across the page with it, all i'm trying to do, is to make the whole forum sit in the middle of the page. As you can see, its sitting on the right hand side of the page at the moment.

Many thanks (and again :)
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
You have a fixed-width template defined as a 1000 px wide table with two columns (one is 750 px and the other is 750 px). The second column is empty but you've still reserved 250 px for it; the second column is "blank" and that's why your forum is off-centre.

Find the line that reads
<td style="width: 250px; vertical-align: top;"></td>

You probably use this second column to load module (that you don't use on your Kunena pages)

You could try
<td style="width: auto; vertical-align: top;"></td>
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #3 by CFCSW6
Hi

I found that line and change it to want you recommend. JOB DONE,,, well :-)

Excellent work, cheers.

But :-)))) just one thing , Do you know how i can change the width of the forum (now its nicely centered) I just want narrow it down each side a bit. (As it looks a bit to wide).

Cheers. (the same size as the forum on kunena here) :-)
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by CFCSW6.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
I suppose the easiest way to do that would be to experiment with different widths for the main table that you currently have:

Find the line (about line 34) in main.css that reads

.main {
margin:auto;
width:1000px;
}

Change this to a smaller number, e.g. 900 px or smaller. Experiment with different values. :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by CFCSW6

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds