Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question kunena and articles side bar problem

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #1 by manansaini
here is some general information regarding my site:

What version of Kunena have you installed?
ans: Kunena1.5.9
What Kunena template are you using?
ans: default_ex
What version of Joomla are you running?
ans: Version 1.5.15
What Joomla template have you installed?
ans: siteground
What is your site's URL. Does your site allow users who are not registered to view your forum? If your site does not allow users to browse your forum pages, do you have a test account that we can use?
ans: www.logicmatters.org

yes you can view without register.

Problem:::::

for showing kunena forum in full width i have to disable/uncheck sidebars for forum.

but when i disable side bars for kunena forum it also hides for articles :(

mean in articles also i m not able to see sidebars.

here is the screenshot:

It must be look like this with side bars:

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by manansaini.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by manansaini
can anyone tell me why this happens ??

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by sozzled
Thank you for clarifying your question.

The "side bars" you refer to are the positions on your Joomla template to which you assign modules. This is basic Joomla function. You will find help on how to assign modules if you go to help.joomla.org/index2.php?option=com_co...w&id=1985&Itemid=278 and follow the instructions about Menu Assignment. In other words, you can assign modules to appear on all pages, on no pages or on selected pages of your site.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by manansaini
hi sozzled ,

that i read already, thats what i m saying i only disable modules for forum link in the sidebar but i also auto disable for articles :O:(

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by sozzled
I'm sorry to disagree with you, manasaini, but what you've described isn't the way that Joomla works. In a nutshell, this is not a Kunena problem. In other words, you would still have the same problem irrespective of whether you have Kunena installed or not.

Simple yes or no: Do you know how to select a page, or several pages where you want your left/right modules to appear? :dry: I know that you know how to select your modules to appear on all pages or on no pages. Do you know how to select for specific pages?

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by manansaini
i think yes :P i know take a look at the screen shot what i do in modules:
i unselect the forum link under the "topbar" menu.

img30.imageshack.us/img30/3448/80385897.jpg
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
Good. You know how to do it! B) Now check that you have done the same for all left/right modules in your site, that they are all unselected (like you showed in your image) for the Kunena page but that they are selected for all the other pages where you want them to appear. If you do that they should all appear on your articles pages, and all the other pages, where you want the to appear on the left or right "side bars" (as you called them).

OK? All fixed up? :cheer:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago #8 by manansaini
yes i already done same for all modules, thats the problem bro that's why i m here :((

you see on the top of page the two modules "Latest Articles" and "Most viewed" both of them are modules it self in joomla and the articles under these two modules does not show side bars :((

these are not menu items :( so what should i do ?

More
14 years 1 month ago #9 by sozzled
Although, as I've stated several times in this discussion, I cannot see how your problem has anything to do with Kunena, I am willing to look at your site if you are prepared to give me administrator access. Please PM me with the details. :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #10 by manansaini
problem not solved! some serious issue with kunena -joomla :(

shift to phpbb!

good luck guys!
www.logicmatters.org

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds