Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic closed by moderator due to lack of interest] Cannot create PDF with my Joomla template

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #1 by pyka
When I create the PDF
Forum Tools->pdf

I go the content with white color of text.

In fact I can select these text and copy paste.But Could not see in pdf file.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #2 by John
Maybe you can give a link to your forum so we can check. If I look at Kunena.com it gives a white background with black text. (have you tried with default-ex template?)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by John.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #3 by pyka
I have changed many templates but it still the same.
It possible that I can changed style of pdf output.?
**one more
some time when I access index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=4&func=view&catid=7&id=184&func=fb_pdf
got the message:You don't have access to this resource (for a user)
this is the kunena problems or it's mine.

thanks.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by pyka.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
John wrote:

Maybe you can give a link to your forum so we can check. If I look at Kunena.com it gives a white background with black text. (have you tried with default-ex template?)

There's some good advice there. ;)

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #5 by pyka
Sorry for late replied.
@for the link(that your request) I could not sent to you.because this web is made offline in my machine.
1-I have tried many time kunena templates .
2-I try change the global joomla template to other one...
=>But it still the problems.
I have some questions for your help or your suggesstions:
The reason should be?
+template Css Overridden.?
+My project is to integrate the many joomla extensions.(kunena,cb,group jive..)to make a social networks.
so the code has a lot of changes.,

Now I want to look back for pdf generation ..but is has the problem as I mentions above.

Anybody could help me ,suggestions...Which file,css,..should I look at to fix the problem.

Thanks for kunena and many thank for kunena supporter.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by pyka.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
Because you have created this website, standalone, on your own PC, I can only offer you general advice.
  1. Each of these issues is as unique as there are Joomla templates or Joomla users. Therefore, you're going to have to deal with the diagnosis and fix on your own.
  2. Web technology is disposable. The only cost is your time. If I make a complete mess of things, I just shrug my shoulders and start again. 9 times out of 10 I fix the problem a lot faster than if I try to figure out what "little" thing it was that I did wrong.
  3. Whenever you experiment with something you're unsure of, stop! Go back to something that you know works! Kunena works out-of-the-box, without making any changes to it, on a standard Joomla 1.5 website with the rhuk_milkyway template. Therefore, if you're having these kinds of "I don't know what to do next" problems, start with a basic site and build it up into something that's more to your liking, slowly, gradually, one piece of the jigsaw puzzle at a time.
Therefore, eliminate everything else that's getting in the road of analysing your Kunena problem. Eliminate Community Builder, GroupJive. Reinstall Kunena (to eliminate any "custom" changes that you may have added ... and, after following all these suggestions, if you still can't produce black text PDF documents, let us know.

But, really, the simplest thing to do is to make a JoomlaPack copy of your website, copy it to your internet domain, unpack the archive and show us what you've been doing ... about an hour's work. B)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 1 month ago #7 by pyka
I have tried but still got the the white text and white background.
now I make stagging for you that you can help me easily.
ndex.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=4&func=view&catid=7&id=166

index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=4&func=view&catid=7&id=166&func=fb_pdf

if you need more details please let me know.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by pyka.

More
14 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
Thank you. As I said (or meant to say) in my earlier posting: you need to restore all "customised" settings back to their default values. Your implementation of Kunena does not look anything like the implementation of Kunena at this website. Why is that? It's because you've changed something.

My guess is you've changed Components » Kunena Forum » Kunena Configuration » Frontend » Use Joomla Style = Yes. Would that be correct? :unsure:

I said, in my earlier posting:

Whenever you experiment with something you're unsure of, stop! Go back to something that you know works! Kunena works out-of-the-box, without making any changes to it.

Therefore, go back to the standard Kunena configuration parameters that were delivered when you first installed the product: See Kunena Configuration in the Wiki for guidance. Then, when you have a standard Kunena implementation, and you still haven't fixed the PDF issue, contact us again. :)

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 1 month ago #9 by pyka
1.for kunena .I removed the old kunena and install new com_kunena_v1.5.5_stable_b1778_2009-08-15.zip.
2.from the beginning.=>testing PDF =>the same problems(keep it by default)
And try with your suggestions => I got the same problem.(make change depend on you suggestions.)
for kunena functionlity:code block ,method,,,, that related with PDF , I do not change it at all.

this project I intergrate with group jive
1-you will see the link
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=tabclass&tab=getcbgroupjiveTab&menusect=mycommunities
2-click one My Communities
you get into the kunena forum.

I know this(pdf) functionality it works properly.

I am Thanking you very much @sozzled for all your help here.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by pyka.

More
14 years 2 months ago #10 by pyka
Is there the ways to change the color of text pdf output file.?

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds