Kunena 5.1.14 Released - Security release (13 Aug 2019)

The Kunena team is proud to announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.14 [K5.1.14] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.14. This update fixed 1 security issue.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

More
9 years 9 months ago #1 by Dingens
I keep getting this message when I try to install any Kunena template.
Can anybody explane to me what is the matter??
I am not very good at these things, so please keep it simple. :blush:
The following user(s) said Thank You: FieldRep1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

The installation of Kunena templates doesn't work with the joomla! installer, you need to unzip the template et copy them into components\com_kunena\template

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 9 months ago #3 by Dingens
I tried that already. But then I could not choose it in the Kunena configuration. There is a drop-down menu in which you should make a choise.

Is this the only way to make use of an external template?

More
9 years 9 months ago #4 by Matias
Make sure that directory / file permissions are correct (web server cannot see new files).

That means that everyone should be able to read all files and everyone should have execution rights for all directories.

More
9 years 3 months ago #5 by camilamss
I am having the same trouble. After some time searching for any "How to install template" questions, I found this one and have done just like you said. Still, the template doesn't appear on the dropdown menu of the template options.

Please, Where do I check the directory / file permissions?

I'm total new in this stuff. Thank you.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #6 by schelly
I'm also encountering the same problem. I've uploaded the zip file to the template directory under /public_html/components/kunena and extracted it. I've ensured that files and folders permissions are 755 and there are no ownership issues.

Joomla is 1.5.20 and it's a Linux box hosted at BlueHost if that matters.

I've used Kunena in the past, and of course its predecessors, and never had this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by schelly. Reason: adding vital info

More
9 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
schelly: It would help to know what template you are trying to install, who developed the template, what version of Kunena that you want to use this template with and whether the developer of the template gave you any instructions about how to install their template.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schelly

More
9 years 1 month ago #8 by Cerberus
template for K1.5 must go in ../components/com_kunena/templates/ directory and have permissions of 755

More
9 years 1 month ago #9 by schelly
Hi Cerberus,

Yeah, I had that part down, but it was sozzled who helped me figure it out. Seems I was trying to install a 1.6 template in a 1.5.X Kunena installation. :whistle: I'd be happy to use 1.6 but I've got to integrate it with CB's GroupJive so for now I'm stuck.

Thanks so much for your responses. You guys are the best!

:)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds