Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question img tag causing height overflow

More
14 years 5 months ago #1 by gingabox
Hello,
We have a problem with the
Code:
[img]
tag... anytime we use this tag in a post it is causing the entire post to overflow equal to the height of the image that is posted. We have tried resizing the images, changing the size function to height rather than width, but it doesn't solve the problem. We are really having a hard time with it.

We have duplicated the issue using the default_ex template as well as the other templates that are available. An example can be seen here... overflow can be seen at the bottom of the topic

It seems to only happen in Firefox and does not happen in IE from what we can tell, which is odd because usually these types of problems pop up more in IE.

Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated as its making it difficult or impossible for people to post in some of our forum topics.

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #2 by Matias
Odd. Reloading the page corrected the overflow somehow..

It looks like you have javascript which changes the height of the columns and image gets loaded only after that (changing the height after it has been forced to be static). Tableless layouts are nice, but sometimes they are pain..

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #3 by gingabox
Unfortunately have not been able to resolve the issue.

Not to sound like a big dummy or anything, but I have gone through every file in my template and have found absolutely no "static" scripts, so any help in tracking it down would be greatly appreciated as I am not a javascript guru. I have even tried pre-loading the images, but it had no effect.

At the moment I have changed the overflow value to auto to get around it for the time being, but its definitively not a good fix.

Thank you for your time and I really appreciate any assistance or advice on how to fix this :)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by gingabox.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by Matias
There's no good solution for these kind of bugs -- other than fixing/changing your Joomla template. Even Kunena.com has issues with height: try to use quick reply and look what happens..

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by gingabox
Hi Matias,
Thank you for the help, when I click quick reply the screen stays the same (i.e. if it was overflowing, it continues to overflow, but if it wasn't, it does not... if that makes any sense.) I did find that there is a Javascript error in S5_clr_fix.js so that might be causing it, I am trying to figure that out and will post any updates for others if that fixes it.

Thanks again Matias

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds